8.0

2006 Nissan Murano fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 162009

Murano SL V6

Nissan's customer service is AWFUL and for that reason alone I have told people they should not buy a Nissan. I began having minor problems with my 2006 Murano before 36K miles and when I brought it to the dealership to get it checked out, I was informed that they would charge $90 per hour diagnostic fee and could not give me any assurance that the problem was under warranty. When I started experiencing the hesitation and jerking while accelerating (especially before the car warmed up), I wanted to try to identify the problem by process of elimination instead of paying some yahoo $100 per hour to plug in a computer. I went to the auto parts store to buy a fuel filter, thinking I possibly picked up bad fuel; however, I was informed that Nissan has decided their patrons should not be able to change the fuel filter without having to buy the ENTIRE FUEL PUMP SYSTEM!!! I startled the autoparts guy with my outburst in disgust of Nissan. So, I cannot even change the filter on my own; nor can I change the spark plugs. If you are looking to buy a vehicle to do any maintenance on your own . . . NISSAN is NOT the brand for you.

- , New Orleans, LA, USA