2007 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 10 of 10)

Jun 152009

My 2007 Nissan Murano has broken driver's side seat frame. It broke while braking for stop sign at a slow speed and the vehicle only had approx. 50,000 miles. It now rocks to the right when braking and turning. The dealership estimate to repair seat frame is $1,000. I feel this is very unsafe and an obvious defect in this model and Nissan should stand behind fixing the problem and making my vehicle safe to operate.

- Atascadero, CA, USA

Feb 262010

The problem I am experiencing is the same as the following report... NHTSA action number : PE08065.

- Collegeville, PA, USA

Nov 012009

Nissan 2007 Murano - left rear anchor bracket on driver's seat broke. It appears that this is a known problem (PE08065), why is Nissan not responsible for either fixing the problem or having a cost effective fix (this could run over $1,000).

- Alvaton, KY, USA

Nov 102009

Front seat has become loose on the left side of the drivers seat. I had taken it to the Nissan dealer for an oil change and asked them to look at it. They called to let me know it would cost $1000 for the part and $200 for labor. In a struggling economy I cannot afford to make this repair. This seat is clearly a safety issue if I were to get into an accident. I feel as though this should be covered by Nissan as I understand there are many other of the same complaints.

- New Port Richey, FM, USA

Dec 152009

About two weeks ago, I begin to notice that the driver's seat was rocking every time I turned. This is not a slight rocking. I would have to say that the seat moves 2-3 inches. I was actually bumping into the center console. It seems to be loose on the left side. After taking it to the local Nissan dealership, it was diagnosed as a "broken bracket in the link arm." There is an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty on the car, but Nissan has declined to cover the part. I do not view this as a cosmetic issue or a minor problem. I have true concerns about what would happen in any type of accident with a loose seat, especially in a rollover.

- Harker Heights, TX, USA

Sep 302009

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The driver side seat has broken. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, and he was advised that it would cost $1000 to replace the seat. The Nissan manufacturer was contacted, and he was advised that because the warranty expired, no assistance could be provided. The failure mileage was 46,793.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 162009

Drivers seat broken track making seat rock like a rocking chair.

- Pelham, NY, USA

Nov 102009

My 2007 Nissan Murano driver seat broke tonight it started making a noise a couple days prior and then it just started sagging down on the left side. I had to drive it home with it flopping up and down, this was very unstable and I am concerned about the safety. We looked under the seat to see if perhaps a bolt came unscrewed only to see its a metal bracket and would need to go to the dealer to be fixed. My car has 50,0000 miles from what I am seeing this is a major issue, but since no bodily injuries or deaths have occurred they are not being required to recall this problem. I think allowing them to charge consumers $1000 to $1500 is ridiculous. Lets not wait for people to die in order to fix this problem. I will call the dealer tomorrow to see set up the appt for the another recall I just received and will inquire about fixing the seat which I am sure I will be told its out of warranty and no recall has been issued. I hope this recall is not being overlooked because of the government bail outs for these auto dealers.

- Lewisberry, PA, USA

Sep 052009

The left rear of the drivers side seat frame failed. The seat wobbles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 152009

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 25 mph, the driver's seat failed and extended to the rear seat. The contact immediately drove to the dealer and was informed that the seat could be repaired. The dealer welded the seat to the track as a temporary remedy. On July 6, 2009, the seat failed again. The dealer recently stated that they would no longer weld the seat because the track needed to be replaced. The contact paid $400 for the welding and $1,400 for the track replacement. She stated that she would not repair the seat since the failure recurred. The manufacturer stated that they would make an agreement with her to split the repair cost. They later stated that they would get in touch with her and that no recalls were available; however, the dealer and service manager confirmed that the failures occurred. If a crash had occurred, the injuries could have been fatal. The contact refused to pay for the repair and stated that if the seat leaned toward the air bag switch, the air bag would deploy. The state attorney general is mailing her a packet to report the failure. The contact informed the dealer that she will go the media about the issue. The manufacturer stated that this would be irrelevant since no crash occurred. The contact found several NHTSA complaints and an open investigation regarding this issue. The failure mileage was approximately 39,000 and current mileage was 42,000.

- Greensboro , NC, USA

Mar 262009

I bought a brand new 2007 Nissan Murano and it has 55,000 miles on it. As I was driving home my drivers seat made a very big pop and the frame of the seat broke into. It scared me to death and I felt so unsafe. My first thought was that I had been hit by another car. Please read all the complaint about this. I am sure this is a defect and a big safety concern. I have always had my car serviced at the dealership and have all service records on my car. Nissan will not fix my car because they say it has to many miles(55,000). The cost to repair is $1,500. I have never had a seat to fall in the floor. I sure hope this safety hazard will be recalled before someone gets hurt.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 062009

My Nissan Murano drivers seat frame broke. The seat flopped around and I almost lost control of the car. I was driving on a two lane very curve road at the time. The seat dropped to the left and the seat back went backward.

- Monongahela, PA, USA

Feb 212009

I have a 07' Nissan Murano, with 39,000 miles. In the last week the drivers seat started to lean to the right when I turned to the left. Today I felt a crack in the back of the seat. In investigating I found that a crossbar had broken at a seam. Now my drivers seat rocks and probably is not the safest in an accident. This seems like an ongoing issue with Nissan, I read about 03's, 04's, 05's and now my 07' having this exact same problem. I do not know if Nissan will fix it yet due to it being over on miles for my warranty.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Oct 092008

Broken drivers seat. Seat rocks.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Nov 182008

The power driver seat has a "weak link". it's not a "track" it's a bracket that was not designed strong enough and eventually shears off at two points driver seat is loose or broken bracket part number 87450-CA684 was the "offending" part per my invoice.

- Calabasas, CA, USA