2007 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jan 122009

Murano

It was a chilly winter afternoon and I had just pulled out of a business parking lot into traffic. The speed limit was 30mph and I was slowly getting up to speed. The traffic light changed to red and when I applied the brakes, nothing happened. It was like I was pressing against a solid wall. I had to swerve around cars, honking my horn as I couldn't stop. I managed to pull into another parking lot while repeatedly trying to apply the brakes. The brakes finally released after about 1 minute of pumping. This has happened approximately 10 more times since then. The dealer states that there is no issue with brakes and this is something they've never dealt with. It cannot be replicated once car has been running for more than 10 minutes.

- Cheektowaga, NY, USA

Apr 262013

Murano 6-cyl

I purchased my 2007 Murano in August 2011. From the date of purchase, I've had multiple issues. The brakes have been a constant issue, I've had to replace the front struts (before 60,000 miles) and was told that I need to replace the rear shocks as soon as possible, the driver side visor is broken, 2 months ago it began leaking oil for some unknown reason, and now the front seat is broken, causing the left hand side of the seat to 'float'. I weigh 140 lbs so it's not like I've caused any undue stress on the seat. The vehicle currently has 70,000 miles. I cannot afford to make all the repairs - but cannot sell it until I do make them (who in their right mind wants to purchase a car that needs $2500 poured into it for repairs, with new issues occurring on a regular basis). It's a shame that Nissan can produce something of such poor quality and not be forced to stand behind their product. This is the worst car I've ever owned. If I can ever get rid of this it I'll never own another Nissan.

- Lewisville, NC, USA

Oct 012013

Murano

Driving on the interstate. ABS lights, brake lights, and odometer stopped working. Smelled burning from under the hood. Took it to a Nissan dealership who determined that the fuse box was faulty, the ABS module went out as well as the ECM. Dealership said that my air bags were not functioning since the incident, and that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. When searching to find out what happened, found numerous incidents of Nissan vehicles having the same exact issue.

- Jasper, IN, USA

May 222012

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while reversing out of his residential garage and engaging the brakes, the pedal was abnormally depressed into the floorboard. The contact stated that he was unable to stop the vehicle and crashed against a tree. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who filed a report on the incident. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 70,600...updated 07/13/12 the consumer stated the brakes completely failed as he was backing out of the driveway into the circular end of a cul-de-sac on level ground. He applied the brakes several times while keeping the steering wheel hard to a hard right. When the brakes failed to respond, he turned off the ignition switch, while keeping his foot hard on the brake pedal. The vehicle completed an arc of about 120 degrees before it hit a tree at the end of his neighbors driveway and came to a complete stop. When he started the vehicle and moved it away from the tree, the brakes worked. Updated 07/31/12

- Sunriver, OR, USA