2.8

2007 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 222016

Murano

While driving the power locks, windows, seat adjuster, alarm and lift gate stopped working. No power to the main window/lock switch on the drivers side.

- Canton, GA, USA

Feb 222016

Murano

While I was driving I stopped at a restaurant and when I tried to roll my windows down, the power locks, windows, alarm, seat adjuster, brake pedal/accelerator, rear hatch stopped working. No power to the main window switch panel. Just stopped working one day.

- Canton, GA, USA

Mar 022015

Murano

The power door locks on the front passenger door and trunk will not open when the weather is warm. The Nissan dealer says the actuators are probably to blame and it is a common problem. The repair is about $600 per lock. There is no key hole to use to gain access from the outside. The only key access is the driver's door. This creates a safety problem, especially for trunk access by elderly folk, who have to climb into the trunk area to open the trunk.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Apr 132015

Murano 6-cyl

Nissan Murano 2007: Faulty fuel level sensor, fuel level sensor harness is open or shorted, fuel level sensor circuit poor electrical connection. Engine light on (service engine soon warning light), incorrect fuel level reading. Also, weak engine mounts, right side engine mount and lower front between engine and radiator. Please advise if there is a recall. Thank you.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Nov 272014

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving down hwy 100 in milwaukee at approximately 40 mph when the car suddenly died in the middle of the road, fortunately no accident was caused because of the sudden stop. The car would not start after this stop. I pushed the car into a nearby parking lot and took the battery into a local hardware store. The battery was dead and needed to be charged. I re installed the battery and got the car started (the engine sounded loud) and drove to the auto store and had the alternator tested - it was dead. I started to drive the car home and it would not go above 30 mph and the cel was on. The next morning I had the alternator replaced (Sunday), the battery kept it's charge. I took the vehicle to the Nissan dealer on Monday morning - they determined that the transmission needed to be replaced. I got my car back after 2 weeks and drove it home. I did notice that the there was a slight whine - I thought it was with the replaced transmission. I got louder each dayand I took it back to the Nissan dealer, but the noise would quit after it warmed up. The Nissan dealer determined that it was the high pressure power steering hose. These events appeared to be caused by a previous event - (1) alternator (2) transmission (3) high pressure power steering hose, all started November 27 2014, and lastly ended on February 10, 2015, hopefully.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

Dec 132013

Murano 6-cyl

Warning air bag light does not shut off. Keeps blinking power windows go down by itself half way down, intermittently. Opportunity for theft and rain damage..

- Boyton Beach , FL, USA

Nov 052014

Murano 6-cyl

Car loses its electric power...shuts down in the middle of driving. The seat belts in the back do not work. The driver and passenger seats shift.

- East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Jan 012013

Murano

Rear hatch stopped working. Since it can only be opened from the inside (with the panel removed) this is a safety issue. There is no handle on this year model that will work without electrical assistance. When the open button is pushed (either from inside the car or on the key fob) there is no sound indicating that the rear hatch is being contacted at all. We have tried replacing the fuse and a control module but neither of those have corrected the issue. There absolutely should be a manual latch on the rear hatch so that it can be opened without the assistance of the electrical system.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Jun 052014

Murano 6-cyl

My vehicle hatch back will not open unless I use the emergency lock which is located inside the vehicle. This concerns me because if there was an emergency where I would need to open the rear hatch from the outside I wouldn't be able to.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 072012

Murano

1. this is safety hazard and my biggest concern driver seat, left bracket broke. I was told by Nissan dealer this is common problem but not covered by my platinum extended warranty which I purchased at team Nissan in oxnard, ca I was also told the entire seat needs to be replaced to fix this problem. I have seen online that many people have had the same part break. I would hate to think about how this seat might break completely loose in a crash causing the driver to be propelled out the front windshield & possibly killed. Nissan needs to recall & fix this part! 2. passenger front window goes up & down randomly..I have to keep the windows locked so it doesn't go down making my car vulnerable for theft because more than a few times I came out in the morning to find it down. Also, when trying to put it up, once it closes it then rolls right back down. 3. electric door locks sometimes don't all lock with key fob. Usually driver door & sometimes other doors don't lock when using key fob. I have to check all four doors every time I lock the car.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Oct 012013

Murano

Driving on the interstate. ABS lights, brake lights, and odometer stopped working. Smelled burning from under the hood. Took it to a Nissan dealership who determined that the fuse box was faulty, the ABS module went out as well as the ECM. Dealership said that my air bags were not functioning since the incident, and that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. When searching to find out what happened, found numerous incidents of Nissan vehicles having the same exact issue.

- Jasper, IN, USA

Jun 102013

Murano 6-cyl

When I turned my engine off, got out the truck and locked the doors the vehicle turned back on without me being in the truck or putting the key in the ignition. I do not have an auto starter. This happened on three different occasions. The first time we didn't even recognize it happened and it drained the battery, the second time we thought we were hallucinating and the last incident on Monday, July 15, 2013, it was 8:30 am and I was exiting the vehicle to go in to my place of employment when the vehicle turned back on. I instantly thought I locked the keys in the truck when I noticed they were in my hands. I unlocked the doors tried turning it off three times and finally on the fourth try it stayed off and didn't turn back on. I felt bad because I thought my daughter was trying to scare me about the car starting on its own. There's also an issue with the car pulling to the right all by itself.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 042012

Murano 6-cyl

Car stalled 3 times, once in the middle of a busy intersection and twice on the freeway almost getting into several car accidents do to intake coming apart. Took the car to dealers to get fixed found out the car was a recall, wasn't happy about that. The car salesmen did not tell me it was recalled. Otherwise I would have reconsidered getting this vehicle.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Dec 122012

Murano

Pedals on my 2007 Nissan Murano are moving on their on Accord. Appears to be defective wiring. Dealer wants me to pay $315 to fix. They had agreed two years ago to fix the problem when I purchased the vehicle and they never did. This is a serious safety issue.

- Okatie, SC, USA

Feb 182011

Murano 6-cyl

2007 Nissan Murano. After I lock the doors the windows go down all by themselves. This is a safety issue. It happens all the time a lot of people have this problem with their Murano's. the consumer stated the rear door was closed and appeared to be latched securely when he drove off. However, the door flew open in the middle of the street. Updated IVOQ 04/27/11

- Dexter, GA, USA

Dec 182010

Murano 6-cyl

Doors can be unlocked and the car ignition can be started without a key, and there is no way to lock the ignition, and no way to stop anyone from opening the doors. This creates an extremely dangerous condition for car jacking and harm to the occupants.

- Takoma Park, MD, USA

Jul 272010

Murano

The battery has been replaced twice in the vehicle and it has less than 35,000 miles on it. The first replacement was done when the car was only about 6 months old and I just recently had to have the battery replaced again. The second battery was supposed to be an 84,000 mile battery and was under warranty. However, when I was driving it, the car died on me and would not start again. The battery had less than 26,000 miles on it. Nissan fought us on the replacement even though it was under warranty, but we finally got another one put in. We are on our 3rd battery in less than 3 years. This same vehicle had an engine mount crack at 32,000 miles and has also had the radiator replaced at 34,000 miles. It has been in the shop 4 times now in the last 2 1/2 months. When the radiator went out, the gauges did not even say that the car was running hot. I discovered the issue when my car started smoking everywhere and coolant was all over my vehicle. Nissan insists that it is not an electrical issue of any kind and that the gauge can still read cool if the radiator goes out and the car is smoking. All in all, I now have the 3rd new battery, a new radiator, and a new engine mount. The drive belts have also cracked, but Nissan refused to do anything about that.

- Loomis, CA, USA

Jan 232010

Murano

The car engine shut down all of sudden while driving at about 60mph on an interstate highway and didn't respond to action on accelerator. The car stopped in the middle of the highway and 2 police cars came and pushed the car out of the highway. The car was then towed to a service center. According to a diagnosis, we were informed that the cause is the failure of the fuse box. Power comes in the fuse box but does not come out. And also we were informed that this failure is uncommon. The part was replaced. However, we are now very concerned about the safety and reliability of our car because the above critical engine failure occurred to our fairly new car while driving. We purchased a new car and the car is a little over 2 years old and its mileage is only about 19K.

- Dallas, TX, USA