2.0

2007 Nissan Murano fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 082016

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving 65 mph, the fuel gauge began to fluctuate before the vehicle came to a stop. The check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle failed to start until it was refilled with fuel. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump and fuel sending unit failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Somerville, MA, USA

Apr 132015

Murano 6-cyl

Nissan Murano 2007: Faulty fuel level sensor, fuel level sensor harness is open or shorted, fuel level sensor circuit poor electrical connection. Engine light on (service engine soon warning light), incorrect fuel level reading. Also, weak engine mounts, right side engine mount and lower front between engine and radiator. Please advise if there is a recall. Thank you.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Nov 192014

Murano

Had noticed that the gas gauge read empty and the fuel light came on. I had just put gas in the vechicle 2 days before. I looked for a leak and there was nothing noticable. I filled the tank, returned to the car to check the gauge and noticed that it read 3/4. I started driving and as I was driving it fluctuated betweem full and 3/4. I talked to my wife about the issue and she had noticed that the gas gauge had been reading inaccurately the past couple of days.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Mar 202013

Murano 6-cyl

My check engine light is on constantly so take it to a mechanic who tells me that Nissan has an ongoing problem with its fuel sensors for years and years on many of its models and has ignored it. Now I'm required to make the repairs on a faulty part to the tune of $655 because my car won't pass inspection otherwise. Nissan has put out a service bulletin (ntb07-069A) for code P0463 but won't help at all with this outrageously expensive repair. Called the dealership and my warranty doesn't cover repairs either. Faulkner Nissan, harrisburg, pa sounded like I was the 100th person calling about this issue and they wanted nothing to do with me. I am single mother, working full time, saving to send a daughter to college. I take good care of my Nissan Murano knowing it is vital to my ability to provide for my family. I will now need to break the law to drive it to get to work because I don't have $655 for the repairs. This is downright wrong. Nissan should stand by its product and fix this issue. Please help.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA