2007 Nissan Murano steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 022012

Murano 6-cyl

Noticed fluids on garage floor under my Nissan Murano. Upon checking fluid levels it was determined to be power steering fluid levels that were low. Further investigation indicated that the power steering hose was leaking. This has seemed to be a problem with the Nissan fleet as a whole, but as of yet no recalls have been initiated. This is a dangerous situation to be in because of the possible accidents that low fluid level poses and the possibility of initiating a fire.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jun 012012

Murano 6-cyl

A leak developed and progressively got worse. It was determined it was power steering fluid. I put the car on the lift and it looked to be coming from one of the hoses. After reading these previous complaints, I figured it probably was the high pressure hose. Indeed it was, the repair cost being $500. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and filed a complaint. I don't expect any compensation, as they told me it would be based on how much service I had done previously at the dealer. I do my own maintenance, oil changes (I only use mobil1), so it would be based on whatever previous problems I had that I took it to the dealer to resolve. This car has only 31400 miles on it, and just went out of warranty.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 032011

Murano 6-cyl

The power steering hose sprung a leak causing the steering to go out.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Jun 142011

Murano 6-cyl

At any rate of driving the wheels begin to shake and the car rattles. Turning and steering became very difficult. The car was taken to a mechanic and he indicated the power steering fluid was low and thus added fluid. Several weeks later it happened again and fluid was added again and the mechanic stated the power steering high pressure hose was leaking power steering fluid and needed to be replaced. Approximate mileage 74,000. Fluid has to be replaced consistently and I am terrified of driving the car. This is a common problem with the Murano.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Aug 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact heard a rattling sound. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostics, where the mechanic stated that the power steering fluid was low. A few days after the power steering fluid was added, the rattling sound continued and the power steering fluid was low again. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnostics, where the technician stated the power steering high pressure hose was leaking power steering fluid and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and a complaint was filed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Feb 012011

Steering fluid leaking. I refill the fluid every week. Looking online, this is a common problem with the 2007 Nissan Murano. There should be a recall!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 252010

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano that has a little over 37,000. The vehicle was parked and when we came out there was a puddle of oil. It was the steering fluid that was leaking. We just passe the 36,000 warranty and therefore Nissan will not cover it. We were told this would cost no less than $500. Vehicle had no other issues or warning signs. Steering liquid pump was almost empty.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Jun 102010

My 2007 Nissan Murano has a power steering fluid leak. I was told by my mechanic that the power steering pressure hose has to replaced at a cost of $550 dollars. My car only has 37,000 miles which is over the warranty. I will not buy another Nissan.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA