3.3

2007 Nissan Murano wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Murano

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano sl with about 52,000 miles and when I replaced all 4 tires, a slow air leak developed where the tire pressure monitor (tpm) seals against the inside of the wheel. The tpm was never moved or replaced when the new tires were mounted. The tire pressure read from both the dashboard and a hand held device reads about 19 psi when it should be about 35 psi. It takes about 2 weeks to be reduced. The inside seal on the tps is replaceable however the tps nut on the outside of the wheel that must be removed is seized and being aluminum, its threads are easily stripped. In conclusion, to fix the air leak, I have to purchase a new tps at about $100 each. With only 52,000 miles, the tps seal and threads should not be having these problems.

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Nov 282008

Murano

Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is defective. The pressure indicator in my vehicle constantly lights up telling me my tires are underinflated. I have checked the tires with three different types of pressure gauges and the reading is the recommended 32 psi but the car says 27 psi. When I took the vehicle to Nissan they told me to over inflate my tires to 37 psi when the placard in the door says to inflate to 32 psi. Basically the TPMS is off by 16% which I believe is a safety concern. Either I over inflate my tires, resulting in less stability and uneven wear, or I ignore the warning light and take the risk that I may drive over a nail or other road hazard and not know about it. I find the problem especially interesting when you see that on all of my Nissan maintenance work they report they inflated the tires to 33 psi, when in truth they inflate it to 36-37 psi so that the light will not come on. I have notified Nissan on 11/28/2008 but no avail. It seems that this is a common problem from my search on the internet and I hope you will look into it.

- Parker, CO, USA