2009 Nissan Murano accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 132015

Murano 6-cyl

My sunroof over driver and passenger seats literally exploded while driving on interstate- sunny 38 degree day, not under a bridge or near other cars. The noise was deafening, and glass came crashing on my (the driver) head and on the children in the back seat. The roof exploded upward like a volcano. Nothing hit the roof, as we were shaken but able to pull over and check the car for any evidence of something crashing into sunroof. But the roof exploded upward and outward as it became obvious that a large chunk of glass from roof was missing. The sunroof was closed, but the sun shade was open. Reported problem to Nissan, but they have yet to get back to me. This is a major problem and a huge safety concern. This problem seems to stem from a pressure problem within the Murano. This is extremely dangerous!! sunroof is being replaced, but I'm now terrified to drive my car, seeing as how this can happen again, and we may not be as fortunate to pull over safely and make it to side of road! Nissan must deal with this problem! this can potentially be a fatal flaw on the Murano.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 042015

Murano 6-cyl

As I was driving into the parking deck in charlotte and the sunroof on my 2009 Murano exploded. I am sure it was not hit by any rock or other object because I was parking. Luckily, my five year old daughter and wife were not with me because this scared me. The glass cracked all the way around and I was not showered with glass as the sunscreen was closed. If I were on the highway, I would have wrecked not knowing what this was or coming from. This is a safety issue. I was able to get out in the parking deck and take pictures. As I drove back to columbia, SC, most of the loose glass blew off leaving a large hole on the top and other drivers were startled with what was happening. This has to be addressed because I have kept my car up to date with the necessary services. This is definitely a hazard that could place lives in jeopardy. Apparently, this is an ongoing situation. I have contacted a lawyer for assistance if Nissan North America does not address this concern.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Nov 252014

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving 65 mph, the sunroof shattered without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer; however, the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Genks, OK, USA

Feb 212013

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving at 55-60 mph with no vehicles in front of me, and my sunroof exploded outward. Sounded like a gun shot going off inside the car. Glass slid of the back of the car and I slightly opened the sun shade and where the glass is there was a big hole where it had blown out.

- Beebe, AR, USA

Oct 042010

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving approximately 60 mph when the sunroof suddenly exploded and shattered. The contact did not notice an issue with the sunroof before the failure. The contact was injured and cut from the glass shattering. The vehicle was being repaired by an authorized dealer. The contact called the manufacturer who offered no assistance. The current and failure mileage was approximately 25,000.

- Langhorne, PA, USA