2009 Nissan Murano accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jan 042015

Murano 6-cyl

As I was driving into the parking deck in charlotte and the sunroof on my 2009 Murano exploded. I am sure it was not hit by any rock or other object because I was parking. Luckily, my five year old daughter and wife were not with me because this scared me. The glass cracked all the way around and I was not showered with glass as the sunscreen was closed. If I were on the highway, I would have wrecked not knowing what this was or coming from. This is a safety issue. I was able to get out in the parking deck and take pictures. As I drove back to columbia, SC, most of the loose glass blew off leaving a large hole on the top and other drivers were startled with what was happening. This has to be addressed because I have kept my car up to date with the necessary services. This is definitely a hazard that could place lives in jeopardy. Apparently, this is an ongoing situation. I have contacted a lawyer for assistance if Nissan North America does not address this concern.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Aug 212014

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving home and the sunroof on the 2009 Murano exploded. I do not believe we were hit with a rock or any other object. Luckily we were not showered with glass as the sunscreen was up. This is a safety issue. I was on the freeway and the sudden noise almost made me hit a car beside me. There was no indication as to what happened just the extremely loud noise. I was able to pull over and figure it out. But I did see other cars also become startled. In mn we experience extreme weather temps and need to make sure this does not weaken the integrity of our vehicles. If this has been the past winter I could have had my young girls in the car with -50 degree temps trying to drive another 20mn home. I see now this has been happening quite a bit but nothing has yet been done. Why?

- Avon, MN, USA

Sep 182012

Shortly after purchasing our 2009 Nissan Murano in Sept 2012 a loud noise was heard at times in the floor was discovered to be a broken motor mount...this was replaced under 30 day warranty from place of purchase. The sunroof cover also was defective as it would not open completely at times and also required replacing. Since this time in 2013 the wipers do not work properly at all times...this has not been recreated for a tech to inspect....sometimes they do not go as fast as should if heavy rain and other times go too fast if barely drizzling, this is on the intermittent function. February 2014 was due to take in for routine oil change that day and service engine soon light came on that morning...was advised needs new catalytic converter, was at 85K, manf. Warranty went out at 80K, extended warranty we purchased and paid extra for was to cover up to 150K; however, does not cover this part. Nissan says nothing on them, funny they are the ones who made the vehicle, and regardless of this being a used vehicle (we are the second owner) this is not something you can tell in advance is going out...we have not had any noise prior and this was first time light came on. This is very costly and something that has to be fixed in order to pass inspection or I will not have a vehicle to drive.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Apr 222013

Murano 6-cyl

I put the drivers side sun visor down to get the sun out of my eyes, when I went to put it back up, I heard a pop and it just hung there--- now the sun visor will not go back up and it's a safety hazard as it is blocking my rear view mirror but also annoying. Nissan will not fix it and I don't have the money to replace it as it costs approximately $400 and I just lost my job on Friday. Please issue a recall for this!!

- Valrico, FL, USA