2009 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jan 312010

The rack and pinion and rear differential of my 2009 Murano le is defective. The rack and pinion has stopped working twice and needs to be replaced for the third time. The rear differential on the car has also failed and needed to be replaced. The steering pump has also stopped working and needs to be replaced. The car was purchased in April 2008 and has had documented steering problems since. The dealership (koppel Nissan) has given me a hard time and Nissan has not addressed the issue. This steering problem causes the steering wheel to stop working and I have had several incidents were my children and I have been almost hit. This is a huge safety issue and the fact that the rack and pinion are on back order may indicate this is a wide spread problem. I have been told by mechanics to submit a lemon claim to the state of NY. I have inquired with both the dealership and manufacture with no success. I approaching the statute of limitation under the NY lemon law and fear that repairing the rack and pinion and steering pump will not resolve the problem and I will not be able to file a claim. With everything that is going on with Toyota I feel it is important to reach out to you so that you can alert others who may be having the same problem.

- New York, NY, USA