3.1

2010 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Murano:

2010 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Dec 062015

Murano

Drivers door does not lock and unlock. Bad door lock actuator mechanisms. $400-$600 to fix per door. Major safety hazard!!!!

- Maywood, NJ, USA

May 012016

Murano

1. when locking the doors it's imperative nobody can gain access at will by walking up to the car. If anyone can simply open the door to gain access, carjacking, injury, or even murder is easier. If the doors locked properly this provides a more secure environment for this type of scenario. 2. Nissan knowing there is a security problem with their locking mechanism and not recalling them for safety concern is negligent. Someone can murdered due to a door that didn't lock, although the driver pushed the lock button and heard the locking noise. Remember, in this case there's no obvious indication the door isn't locked unless someone walks up and opens it from the outside. The drive "thinks" the door is locked, when in reality it's an "open door" for carjacking or robbery.this failure is an intermitance of operation. Sometimes the doors lock ok, other times they don't. in addition, sometimes the doors unlock ok, other times they don't. 3. in emergencies it's important to be able to unlock doors quickly. Since 99% of the time we all use the button to lock and unlock doors, using the manual locking lever is unfamiliar. And the Murano's design is such that it's not easy to comprehend if it's not your car, for instance a rental car. I can easily understand how some people would be confused how unlock a door using the manual level in an emergency when they virtually have no experience with it. In emergencies every second counts. The locking/unlocking solenoid malfunctioning is clearly a high risk in emergency scenarios. Some people who cannot afford the $1600 to have all the solenoids replaced (as quoted by dealers) will forgo getting them fixed, putting their family members at risk with the above mishap examples. This shouldn't be, Nissan should recall them. It's only a matter of time till someone gets robbed, hurt or killed from a malfunctioning door lock.

- Maywood, NJ, USA

May 182016

Murano

Brake like and battery light came on and car just shut down within 3 miles. Car only 6 years old. New battery replace a week ago

- Naples, FL, USA

Jan 152016

Murano

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the smart key became inoperable and locked up the ignition while the key light was illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transponder and computer system failed and needed to be updated and the transponder replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 56,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 272015

Murano 6-cyl

I am the original owner of my 5 year old car. It has low mileage and has been regularly maintained. My fuel gauge and mile range indicator are no longer accurate or in sync. They both fluctuate erratically. I can leave my driveway and go to the end of my street (9 houses) and lose 20 miles according to the indicator.on the other hand, I have driven 125 miles and end up with more gas than when I started.it has been taken to the dealership 3X where they have changed sensors etc. To fix this. I contacted Nissan America who had one of their engineers contact the dealership. Nissan's final decision is that it is a characteristic of the car and they would do nothing more. I have many concerns about this decision. It isn't easy estimating what I have in my tank when both gauges are incorrect. It is stressful and dangerous especially when taking longer trips. I am a single woman and am in my car, driving alone, most of the time. What if I am in the middle of traffic and because of the misreadings, I run out of gas" what does this do to the re-sale value of my $35,000 car? if this is a characteristic of my car, why wasn't I told about it when I bought it? this is more of a flaw than a characteristic. How many other Nissan owners out there with this same problem" I find Nissan"S final decision unacceptable and that is why I am contacting you. I'd like to thank you in advance for your time and consideration concerning this matter.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Apr 012013

Murano 6-cyl

As stated in a previous complaint, the radio volume will change suddenly from a low setting to maximum volume without touching the volume controls. This can be very distracting especially when the car is in traffic. This has happened on numerous occasions and continues to happen. We have to be sure to keep the radio off when driving in traffic to avoid a possible collision caused by the sudden and unexpected blaring of the radio volume. Along with this is the fan speed control does not follow the input from the rotary knob-it goes up or down independently of the position of the knob. These two items seem to be related to the control panel as others have commented on the same problems in various auto forums.

- Leland, NC, USA

Nov 012013

Murano 6-cyl

Volume in vehicle randomly turns to blaring loud without even touching the volume control. This has happened multiple times and continues to be an issue. I do not have the function turned on that makes the volume increase as speed increases. This has happened while the car is sitting in my driveway. It is scary and distracting during driving. Also, the dash control for the volume and HVAC don't work properly, as one click can turn either up 5 or 6 notches, also leading to blaring radio and/or high/low temperatures/fan. There are many cases of this that I have seen from other Nissan owners posted on the internet.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 022014

Murano 6-cyl

Was driving on the highway in a 55 mph zone and as we were driving the car lost acceleration, all dash lights were on as normal. We were lucky to coast off without being hit and we had our 10 months old with us. Had the car towed to local dealer and now 5 days later dealer called to let us know that they diagnosed alternator and battery failure, which is no longer covered.. we were not willing to pay the $1100 that the dealer quoted us so we had the same tow truck driver pick our car back up from the dealer and bring the car to our home. When the tow truck driver was unloading it off flatbed he cranked the car right up. We cranked it multiple times without issue. So we called the dealer again to let them know and they are standing by diagnosis. I feel that this car is a lemon as the head gaskets failed around 25000 miles. Have taken to dealer for burning smell issues multiple time since we bought it in March 2013. I'm also very concerned about the odors especially during pregnancy and driving infant around.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Oct 022012

Murano

I was driving at 30 mph to go home when my car lost all power with no warning. Thank goodness I didn't have my young children with me. The shop fixed my car after nine days and all was covered except the alternator. Total damage was $6,000. Two days later my car started to hesitate while driving. I quickly got rid of the car. Too bad I loved it for the first 44,000 miles. Beware.

- Mansfield, MA, USA