2.6

2011 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Nov 032016

Murano

Took Murano to mechanic because was having problems with braking, mechanic had brake serviced and made new. Now car is not wanting to stop even when pumpin brakes. Took back and was told by mechanic at shamrock that I need new ABS hydrolic break system

- St Cloud, FL, USA

Aug 122016

Murano

My wife's Nissan Murano had been having problems with the brakes going all the way down to the floor. I took it in to Nissan dealership to get checked out finally the guy there told me that the brakes didn't act up on them so they can't diagnose the problem and that so far everything looks good. I left thinking maybe it was just the brakes getting worn out. About five months later it happened again while she was driving home. She said she was going 40 and she suddenly had no brakes having to put her vehicle on park so she wouldn't hit the vehicle infront of her finally she had no brakes and had to move her car using the emergency brake on and off untill she reached a shopping center ahead. I went to pick the truck up and the brakes were working fine again. Then I called Nissan explained what happened and they told me they had no record of them ever taking a look at the truck. And that my factory warranty has finally expired so the master cylinder isn't covered which is what's wrong with the brakes supposively. I'm aware that the master cylinder completely stops working when it goes bad but for it to work and sometimes not work sounds very strange. I have read online that many people have had the same problem with this particular vehicle and thy say it starts not working six months after changing themaster cylinder. I called Nissan for recalls but they don't have anything for this vehicle. I don't understand how so many people have had the same problem and Nissan hasn't looked into addressing the problem. We need something done about this because they charge me 900$ plus to replace when I had obviously told them the vehicle was acting up during the time of my warranty.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 112015

Murano

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 20 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to respond. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer, where the technician confirmed the failure but the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Apr 102015

Murano 6-cyl

While driving my Nissan Murano 2011, the car lost its brakes while driving on the road. I started pumping the brakes until they started working, but defective. I went to Nissan center and they told me that they had to change the master cylinder and he wasn't surprised. Told me that this was not their first case, but there were no recalls, so I have to pay $600 for a new master cylinder.

- San Juan, PR, USA