2011 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Mar 102016

While exiting a parking space at a low speed (less than 10 mph) the car unexpectedly accelerated to full throttle. Braking would not hold it and my car ran into another vehicle after traveling 5-15 yards, pushing it up on a sidewalk before stopping. Both cars total loss due to bent frame/rails. My front end demolished and radiator pushed into engine but no airbags deployed. After the incident it was discovered that my accelerator pedal had snapped off.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Feb 132016

My door locks began to fail intermittently when I try to enter or exit the vehicle. On 2/13/16 I got into the vehicle late at night, cranked it, put it in drive, and began to pull off when the vehicle totally shut down and would not crank(leaving me stranded, at night, in freezing wrather). The vehicle would not restart. It would only click....then eventually do nothing. Later that evening we attempted again. It would not start until we hit the lock bitton on the remote.(battery previously replaced). This is clearly a defect with Nissan as seen on many complaint forums. All 4 actuators failing are rediculous. I was told by a mechanic (not associated with Nissan but has had to work many of the same issues with their vehicles) that it is a security system issue and the vehicle actually thinks you are stealing it so it sh*ts down. Hopefully, it won't think that while I am traveling on the interstate. Please investigate. The next day, it wouldn't start.

- Chesnee, SC, USA

Sep 102015

All 4 of my door lock actuators have gone out at the same time.

- Oakland, TN, USA

Sep 252014

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the rear window leaked. The leak in the window ran down into the trunk and ruined several components. The trunk opened without warning and the convertible roof opened and closed on its own. The dealer was unable to find the location of the leak. The dealer stated that this was a known issue and that the manufacturer was aware. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 54,000. Updated 8/6/15

- Melbourne, KY, USA

Jul 072014

Murano 6-cyl

I have noticed on numerous occasions this summer, a crackling sound in lower portion of the front windshield. I actually remember hearing it last summer but it is now more audible. The warm weather must be a factor. I have also experienced problems with my keyless fob, it does not always work and my ignition an rear lift gate sometimes will operate even when the fob is within 3 feet. This has occurred several times over the past 2 months. I took it to Nissan and they could not find the problem. I purchased the car brand new in Aug. 2011. No accidents. Updated 4/24/2015

- Ashburn, VA, USA