2012 Nissan Murano accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Murano:

2012 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jul 252016

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Murano. While driving 70 mph, the sun roof shattered. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the sun roof needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Russellville, AL, USA

Apr 252015

Murano 6-cyl

Driving on a clear day (50degrees) on Saturday April 25th, my 2012 Nissan Murano's sunroof exploded. The glass was protruding outward, as if it exploded from the inside out. There was shards of glass everywhere and luckily there were no oncoming cars because the sound it made inside the car when it happened caused me to swerve a little.

- Odenton, MD, USA

Sep 162014

I have a 2012 Nissan Murano (sl) with about 35K miles on it. While traveling to work the morning of 09/16/14 the sunroof literally exploded upward for no reason. No impact, road hazard, or other debris. Temperature was constant (60's) dry, no extremes. Part of the roof was the sliding section for the sunroof. Original sunroof as of purchase (I am the original owner).

- Redmond, WA, USA

Apr 262014

Murano 6-cyl

On 4/26/14, while traveling North on rt. 7 in kent, Connecticut at 45 mph in our 2012 Nissan Murano sl, my husband and I heard a very loud startling sound, which sounded like a gunshot and what I thought I heard along with a smash noise. We immediately pulled over to the side of the road. I looked at the windows behind the driver and passenger seats thinking someone shot at us. Nothing. We got out and looked at the tires to see if a tire blew out. They were all fine. Finally, a pickup truck pulled up alongside of us to ask if everything was alright. We told him what we heard, but everything looked fine. He left. Right before we got back into the vehicle, my husband looked up over the roof and said, you won't believe it, it was your sun roof. The entire center section of the sun roof that is above the front seats was a large hole, smashed from what looks like from the inside of the car going outwards. We didn't see any rocks or any other debris that could have caused it in the area, and there were no cars around us, no trees overhead and no overpasses at the time this occurred. Just the glass shards and pieces that were now sitting on the fabric visor that separated us from the glass. After researching on the internet, I came across many other complaints of what people were calling "sunroof explosions" or "spontaneous sunroof explosions." I wrote to Nissan corporate regarding my concern of the exploding sunroof, and only received a generic boilerplate response stating I should take it to a Nissan dealership for repair. That was it from Nissan. This is an extremely dangerous hazard and I wonder why these incidents, which are posted all over the internet, have not been investigated to date.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Dec 062013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Murano. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph the sunroof exploded. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic diagnosed that the sunroof needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 23,700.

- New Orleans, LA, USA