4.0

2012 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Murano:

2012 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Murano 6-cyl

I purchased a 2012 Nissan Murano new, my vehicle has less than 22000 mileas on it, no services lights have ever come on to indicate that any service was needed to be performed on the vehicle. I had an oil services done, however in one of my oil services done recently something occurred incorrectly and my vehicle starting blowing smoke from the mufflers, again no warning lights ever came on to indicate a problem or maintenance was required. I took it in to the dealership service center and I was told that the engine had major problems, they told me that for the engine to be as damage as it is warning lights should have come on. They also said that they have seen a few more vehicles with similar problems and the warnings never appeared on those vehicles as well.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 302014

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2012 Nissan Murano. While the vehicle was parked, the contact was informed that the vehicle was on fire. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police or fire report was not filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 24,092. Updated 12/30/14 the consumer stated a fire report was filed. Updated 05/28/2015

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Murano

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to be restarted and was taken to a dealer. The mechanic was not able to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 117,000.

- Dochester, MA, USA

Dec 302013

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to be restarted, and was taken to a dealer. The mechanic could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 13,555. Updated 1/16/14 updated 01/28/14...updated 01-30-14 the consumer stated Nissan rejected any solution toward resolving the issue. Updated 01/30/14

- Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 282012

Murano

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that there was an odor of anti freeze outside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the engine cooling fluid hose was replaced. The failure was not corrected and later recurred. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer, who was unable to determine a failure. The failure was reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 4,000. The current mileage was 10,000.

- Turlock , CA, USA

Dec 222012

Murano 6-cyl

Hello, I am writing to you about a new vehicle that I recently purchased through Nissan. It's a 2012 Nissan Murano and I purchased the vehicle on Friday Dec 21, 2012. I brought the vehicle home (which is about 50 miles from the dealership) and the next day I took my family to visit my mother in the hospital and then we were going to go christmas shopping at the mall. While enroute to the mall I started hearing a squealing sound coming from the front of the vehicle. As I was driving and making turns the noise got progressively louder and then the vehicle became very hard to steer. I knew there was something obviously wrong so luckily we were close to the dealership and we called them and they said to bring it right in. I must admit, I should have had it towed but it was pouring down rain and I just wanted to get my family to safety so I decided to drive the vehicle. It was very scary, I tried to take a route that I had to make the fewest turns and the vehicle became harder and harder to steer to the point that I actually feared for the safety of my family. Luckily, I was able to make it to the dealership and they provided us a loaner vehicle. They stated that one of the power steering hoses came off underneath and that it had rubbed onto another belt and was no longer usable so they would have to order a part which would take 3-4 days. Since this was a brand new vehicle and round trip for me is 100 miles I was very upset with this. On Monday (christmas eve) they called and said the vehicle was ready. Evidently they took a hose off another vehicle and put it on mine.(which rather bothered me but it did get me back on the road again) my issue with this is that if we would have taken this vehicle up into the snow we would have been stranded and who knows what could have happened. This is a safety issue that is being blown off by Nissan and I wanted to report it!

- Penn Valley, CA, USA