2015 Nissan Murano seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Murano:

2015 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 012015

Murano

Purchased a new 2015 Nissan Murano platinum at end of May. Noticed right away when my 95 pound son would sit in front passenger seat, the 'passenger airbag deactivated' light would come on and stay on. We inquired with our local dealer and they said everything was checked out and operating correctly. We were told the new seat sensors were very sensitive and my son needed to 'move around' a bit in the seat to activate the front passenger airbag. That never worked. I started paying close attention to the indicator and noticed that about half the time the front passenger airbag would deactivate when I was in the front passenger seat, and I am 270 pounds! we were about to go back to the dealer again, when we noticed an article in the Sunday, September 6, 2015 New York times about this exact same issue in several 2014 Nissan models, which prompted this formal compliant.

- Morton, IL, USA

Aug 232015

Murano

In about half of the drives passenger airbag off signal comes up when an adult passenger is seated in front, this happens for the same passenger. I was told by dealer that the weight limit is set around 120lbs which seems to high for small adults, females especially. This creates a safety hazard as we are using the vehicle with pasenger airbag turned off half the time.

- Issaquah, WA, USA