2016 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Nissan Murano:

2016 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 112016

Murano

Started vehicle up in the morning and was backing out of my driveway. When I reached the street to come to a stop and put my car into drive, my brakes did not respond and I almost hit a pillar outside of my driveway. I had to immediately place my car into drive and immediately I to park to avoid a collision. My brake pedal sank to the bottom and the brake light on the dashboard lit up. Brakes failed and I'm having vehicle towed to my Nissan dealer.

- Lithia, FL, USA

May 162016

Murano

The contact owns a 2016 Nissan Murano. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V636000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Jul 112016

Murano

The contact owns a 2016 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 40 mph, the brakes failed when the brake pedal was depressed approximately 50 feet before striking another vehicle. The "please put foot on the brake and press the start button" warning indicator was illuminated. A police report was filed. The contact was injured and transported to the hospital. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 997.

- Lewisburg, PA, USA