2016 Nissan Murano drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Nissan Murano:

2016 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

May 232016

Murano

Nissan Murano complaint, I purchased a 2016 Nissan Murano in may of 2016 and since I have owned it I have been having problems with the traction control system bogging down acceleration if I am coming off a curb cut or going over a pot hole or irregularities in the road. I live off a 55 mph road where I am required to get into the left lane to make a turn in about a 1/3rd of a mile after making a right on highway and the engine boggs down and will not accelerate after going over road irregularities putting me in constant danger every day leaving for work. The same problem has happened making a left turn across traffic if a pot hole is present and I have the same problem coming out of stores or shopping centers due to curb cuts. The car just will not accelerate and takes over 16 seconds to accelerate from 0-60 mph leaving me with many cars coming down on my back at 55 mph which is very scary and places me in danger almost every day. Making lefts at large intersections can also be very scary, because I never know if I will be T-boned if there is irregularity in the intersection. The problem occurs from a dead stop with the engine hot or cold. I did a test drive with a Nissan technician and he was able to see the problem first hand, but says that the car is supposed to do that due to the traction control system. We then turned the system off and the same problem happened again. This is a very scary defect that puts my life in danger almost every day. I have lived in the same development for 15 years and never had this problem with any other car that I owned, if this defect is inherent in this vehicle, the car should be recalled. Nissan has pretty much washed their hands of the situation and I don¿T know where to turn. Thank you

- Commack, NY, USA

May 312016

Murano

I was park in a supermarket parking lot and turn my car I reverse and when I change gear to drive my car didn't move turn off car to try again and this time nothing happen not even reverse or neutral I didn't know anything about this issues with this type of vehicles I call Nissan and I was told that the extension on my vehicle expired January 31, 2016 sorry. I found out there's a recall on my vehicle but up to today I haven't received anything I don't have the money to fix issue and still paying for my car.

- Weymouth, MA, USA