1998 Nissan Pathfinder cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Nissan Pathfinder:

1998 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Feb 072008

Pathfinder 6-cyl

While on my way to Virginia from Florida, my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder began to jerk, sputter, and cut off on interstate 95. So I took it to all tune & lube on Friday morning for a tune-up, after they replaced the spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, new belts, reset timing, fuel injector cleaning. It still did the same thing, so dave at all-tune kept my truck four days running all kinds of test and still could not figure out the problem, he called a friend at Nissan and he knew what the problem was. It was a casting flaw on the intake collector, leaking anti - freeze into the intake mixing with the gas and air. He told me that Nissan knew about this problem and never recalled the Pathfinder. The bulletin came out on April 1, 1999 T.S.B #ntb99-015. All-tune told me that it would cost me $700 dollars to fix this problem. I drove my fiancee to Virginia to start her new job at V.C.U she has to take cab to work for $80 a day for a serious problem that Nissan should have taken care of along time ago.

- Gainesville, FL, USA