1998 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Nissan Pathfinder:

1998 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jan 292014

The contact owns a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the fuel filler neck was perforated due to rust. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was confirmed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 144,000.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Jun 182010

Pathfinder 6-cyl

I filled up my vehicle with gas and when I was driving I could smell gas somewhere - so I only filled it half full after that. I went to bergstrom of oshkosh, Wisconsin to get a different recall repaired (I think it was about a year ago) having to do with the steering. They kept my vehicle for 4 months and finally fixed it. They said that I also had a recall on the gas neck of the vehicle and they said they didn't have the parts to fix it but that they would call me. It's been over a year now and they still have not called me to get it fixed. I can only fill my tank only half way. This is unsafe and needs to be resolved.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA