2000 Nissan Pathfinder suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Pathfinder:

2000 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Sep 052014

Pathfinder LE V6

click to see larger images

strut tower corrosion strut tower corrosion

Took my 2000 Pathfinder in for strut housing/steering recall in 2011. Dealer preformed a level 1 "fix". Fast forward to Sept 2014, loud clicking noise from front drivers side, noticed steering felt stiff when turning left or right. After careful inspection my husband and I noticed the whole strut tower ripped thru fender well. Strut leaning in towards engine compartment. I called the nissan dealer. Of course they said to bring in in for an inspection. Well at this point it is not driveable and will need to be towed. Anyone know if Nissan will back this up since there first "fix" didn't work so well???

Update from Oct 17, 2014: UPDATE---In regarding to the case with Nissan Consumer Affairs/Morely #15821778 that I opened regarding this, "Nissan is under no obligation since the vehicle was previously repaired for this recall" basically to bad so sad. They only did a Level 1 fix, The dealership advised they could try to do a Level 2 fix at my cost but there is no guarantee. Its a shame because I have only put 26,000 miles on the car since they did the recall fix. So I have towed it home today and am hoping to start a class action law suit as I have seen others with the same issue. Its a shame Nissan is not standing behind their product.

- , Charles town, WV, USA

Aug 032013

Pathfinder LX V6

Not much to say car was repaired but not to my satisfaction

- , Newburgh, N Y, USA