1. replace the fuel tank assembly & fill pipe (1 reports)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Pathfinder:

2001 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Feb 122010

Pathfinder SE 3.5L V6

I got a recall notice on the fuel filler tube. My wife brought it to the dealer and they inspected the part. They said it passed inspection. Fast forward about a year later we smell gas. I take it to my mechanic and he replaces the fuel filler pipe due to corrosion. My son reminds me of the recall, I call my dealer they tell me I have to deal with Nissan Corp. but they will probably reimburse me. They tell me that can't because the "Recall is closed." By the way the recall was for vehicles that use salt on roads in the winter. We lived in CT. for years.

- , Beaufort, NC, USA