2002 Nissan Pathfinder suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Pathfinder:

2002 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 012007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

I have been hearing noises in the rear passenger side of my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE, for months.this car was purchased new. I had everything checked recently, which is when we noticed the problem.we discovered a rotted frame rail where the top of the coil spring mounts to a plate built into the frame. The rot is on both sides, but much worse on the passenger rear. The spring is about to come through.this is a safety issue!!! and it'┐'s our car, and we don'┐┐T have the money to replace it. This must be happening to many others as well. How can this happen to a kept up, beautiful 2002 Pathfinder"? it must have started rotting years ago, probably when the car only had 60,000 miles, and the car is now only 9 yrs old. There is apparently no replacement part for this problem. There is a recall on the front strut housings for rot but not the rears. To keep the car, the obvious, is a costly repair. Nissan has refused to do anything-they inspected the car in 2007 when the corrosion warranty was active on the frame.they should have seen it and I feel they are responsible.they are discriminating against me since I was told "I didn't spend enough money" at the dealer over the years for service.it is 35 miles from my house.Nissan says it's an "environmental issue" how?" there is no rot on the front of the car, including the recalled front strut towers. The car is rotting away from beneath me.I threatened to sue them and they said they are "not obligated" to repair it.they don't care.this rot of the rear frame should never occur as it has, starting probably when it was only 6 yrs old, and be in this condition in only 9 yrs.the steel must be defected.I will ┐┐never┐Ł buy a Nissan again. Stay away from Nissan Pathfinders.the car would probably have run well for another 5 yrs and gone to 250K miles but the frame will not last.what a shame.this is ridiculous.

- Northport, NY, USA

Oct 212004

Pathfinder

Within 5 minutes of pulling out of a parking lot and onto a main street, driving at 20 mph in stop and go traffic, suddenly the vehicle veered to the right. The driver lost control of the vehicle, causing it to go over a curb, up onto a lawn, across the street, hitting a mail box and went back onto the road. The vehicle hit an on coming van, went back up onto a curb and stopped. The driver had no steering control. The vehicle is currently at the dealership being repaired.

- Hazleton, PA, USA

Jan 232003

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

My Pathfinder has many problems.first the vechle virbrates at all speeds, wind noise from both front windows and roof rack, there is also a jerk when you shut vechle off this does not happen all the time and happens mostly when in 4 wheel auto this is not 4 wheel floor shift, the dealer has tried to fix 4 times and now states there is a bulleten stated this is normal to get a jerk problem relate to all Pathfinder and infinty Q-4 from 1998-2002.the vibration is still present too the dealer has balanced all for tires but vibration is still there although is is not as bad, as for wind noise they suggested I buy wind delfector for both windows and roof

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Nov 202002

Pathfinder

The front end is all rusted. This may cause the whole front to fall while driving.

- Caguas, PR, USA

Aug 132002

Pathfinder 4WD

Vibration present at 20 mph and then again most noticable at 38-40 mph. Dealer replaced driveshaft assy-rear. Vibration still present.

- Sammamish, WA, USA