2003 Nissan Pathfinder engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Pathfinder:

2003 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jan 092014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

2003 Nissan Pathfinder gas gauge is inaccurate to level indicated. On empty indicates full tank. Once filled it will remain accurate until 1/2 empty then begins to change levels each time vehicle is started. At times it reads full, other times 1/2 full and then jumping to full. Mechanic replaced fuel sender unit with Nissan parts from dealership. Problem remains. Presenting a PO462 code both before and after replacing of float and sender unit.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Jul 012013

Engine exhaust system is rusted through between the resonator and muffler. The flange connecting the 2 exhaust components is completely rusted. I have researched this problem and the oem exhaust components where made of stainless steel. However, the flanges and connectors to the whole exhaust system where designed with steel components.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Oct 292010

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Driving home from work on freeway with 1/4 tank of fuel - engine stalled in fast lane and would not restart. I was stuck in the traffic lane for 40 mins until the state police had a tow truck tow me away. Turns out, the fuel gauge was inaccurate because my tank was empty. My gauge goes above the F when I fill up and it is empty at just above a the 1/4 mark. Very dangerous situation and I could have been killed over a faulty gas gauge that seems to be a big problem after seeing all of the complaints on the internet. When the gauge goes bad - the low fuel warning light does not come on so I was completely caught off guard. I was a sitting duck on the freeway with cars slamming on their brakes to avoid hitting me even with my hazard lights on. Please help.

- Confluence, PA, USA