3.4

2003 Nissan Pathfinder miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Pathfinder:

2003 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Aug 142007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

To whom it may concern:Nissan is under a federal mandate to warranty the catalytic converter on my vehicle, 2003 Nissan Pathfinder, for 8 years or 80,000 miles.my truck currently (as of today) has under 39,000 miles.I did not find out until after the work had been completed that it should have been covered by Nissan. I am sure it has to do with the emissions and I am sure people would be very interested to know that Nissan is looking for any way they can get out of covering the defective parts that the government has required them to cover.I then contacted Nissan directly.after speaking with a man in india, I was sent to gloria in the us. My file number was 5793503. I was then contacted by ilysa who stated–it is our policy to only warranty service done at a Nissan dealership.which makes sense. It would be difficult to warranty any service done at another shop.I am not asking them to cover the service. Only the part that was put on this truck originally in a Nissan plant is what the government has mandated that they cover.after getting no where with ilysa @ X57743 – I requested that my concern be passed to her supervisor.I received a very short phone call from kim(615.725.7761) who also said "that is our policy".at this point – I have had 2 people tell me they will not follow the federal mandate of covering this part.after getting nowhere with kim I asked to be put in touch with her supervisor.she absolutely refused and she was very animate in telling me she would not be escalating my issue.I told her that I, as a consumer and customer, was requesting to speak to a supervisor and she told me–and I quote "it doesn't matter what you want." –and again I quote "I don't care if you are a client." After exchanging some frustration and words she said "I will not escalate this call and further" and hung up on me.I have since heard from ilysa at Nissan (X57743) on September 6, 2007 and she reiterated that they will do absolutely nothing.

- Chanhassen, MN, USA