2004 Nissan Pathfinder miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder:

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Nov 202003

Complaint concerns 2004 Nissan armada. My vehicle makes an unbearable fluttering noise (like a helicopter sound) at speeds of 40 mph +; the sound is so loud it hurts our ears, especially those of our three young children. Also, there are major air leaks from the front dash and side doors which the dealer has attempted to repair but has not been successful. We have been told now for over two months that the weatherstripping needed has been on "back order!" my vehicle has also developed an unusual engine noice (like something loose in the engine compartment) after approximately four weeks of use and dealer, while acknowledging "issue" cannot locate source of "issue." The noise problem is so bad that we cannot use the vehicle for highway use!

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Jan 122004

Pathfinder 4WD 8-cyl

Fluttering wind noise when driving. The noise starts out at 40 mph and gradually increases to a higher decibel range when speeding up to 70 mph. All the windows are wind up but this strange wind noise cannot be located. The noise is flapping so loud at 70 mph that it hurts my family's ears. Dealer stated it's an engineering issue and it cannot be repaired. I've contacted Consumer Affairs but they're saying there' S no other report beside myself so they're not taking action. I need help at this point- where do I go or what do I do"?"

- Roseville, CA, USA