2004 Nissan Pathfinder transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder:

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Oct 292008

My 2004 Nissan Pathfinder was stuck in "park" I had to have it towed to dealer. I'm told the whole shift mechanism needs to be replaced ($900). I searched for recall on this but found none. This vehicle has 62,000 miles, I feel such a defect should be covered by the manufacturer. As if this weren't trouble enough, it took the dealer two days to get the part and repair the vehicle, leaving me to rent a car at my expense.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 272007

Pathfinder 6-cyl

The shifter on my Pathfinder was stuck in park, they replaced the shifter solenoid which now the shifter is doing fine. I feel like this should not have happened so soon. I'm not sure if there is a recall on this but think there should be. I was so disappointed that I was having this trouble so soon. I don't know what they did with the old part. I know I have waited a while to report this but I have been trying to find out if there were any recalls on this. Please respond back asap. Thank you.

- Palatka, FL, USA

May 202004

Pathfinder 6-cyl

While driving vehicle jerked and vibrated uncontrollably. Vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection numerous times, and mechanic could not duplicate the problem.

- Charlotte, NC, USA