- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 1 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 2 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 9 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 16 days ago
Noise Under Hood At First Start
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 51,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- timing chain guides worn out (1 reports)