Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Sep 012010

Radiator recall for trans lines leaking into radiator contaminating coolant. And now the timing chain tensioner is causing a loud knock in the engine from the timing chain.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 082016

Enjoying our Pathfinder one afternoon and went to pass a car and it would not kick inot passing gear. When we stopped I could smell that it was hot, but could not find a leak. After letting it cool, I checked the coolant level and found that grey froth in the radiator. A quick check on the internet lead me to me worst fear. I am still in the process of flushing radiator and getting quotes. Local aamco guy said that transmission is doomed, and they see a lot of these. $4,000 - 4500 to rebuild. So much money for such an easy repair had I known before the radiator gave up. No more Nissan for this family!

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Aug 172016

Vehicle lost power, will not transmit power to the wheels, appears to be a highly complaint among all owners. Transmission has failed in a heavy traffic area. Fuel level sender is no longer working.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jul 132016

I was told by the dealership there was a bad timing chain - called Nissan and they said they would not financially assist with the repair. There appears to be a civil lawsuit regarding this issue.

- Va Beach, VA, USA

Jul 012016

Radiator coolant is leaking into transmision, which could result in catastrophic engine failure

- Wynnewood, PA, USA

Jun 022016

I was driving when my Nissan Pathfinder 2007 out right when I got in the middle of in intersection my car just didn't want to go I was pressing on the gas and it would go it then it would start going again but wouldn't go faster then 20mph then again it would stop N wouldnt move I took it to a shop to get it checked out they told me my radiator failed and cause liquid to go into my tramission which cause that to I called Nissan about the recall I read about fail radiator and tramission they told me they couldn't help

- Visalia, CA, USA

May 072013

This complaint is about the past recall on the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder, the transmission fluid mixing with the radiator. Due to a hole, crack in the engine. Had this to happen to me. Cost very high. This happen with car in motion on city streets.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 012016

Defective drive chains, as described in a Nissan technical service bulliten. These were about to break and destroy the engine.

- Tonasket, WA, USA

Nov 162015

Timing chain tension system failed at 80,000 miles.

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Feb 162016

"takata recall" out of the clear blue I was driving my 2007 Pathfinder and the airbag light came on, I took it to the dealership immediately that day and it passed per service manager louis castillo at baker jackson Nissan in houston Texas, 2 days later the light came back on and once again I went to the dealer ship and was told that the sensors and other parts needed to be replaced the cost is $1500. I called Nissan Corp and they are refusing to taking responsibility even though they stated all 2007 Pathfinders in other states would be given a 10 year warranty. My truck was also affected with the radiator flulid mixing with the transmission fluid, during the years of 2010-2012 I constantly took my truck to baker jackson Nissan and the service manager then larry just topped off my truck himself and never made a record of it. He kept assuring me that he was saving me money. My transmission failed but because of the mileage in 2012 Nissan was able to deny fixing my transmission via the class action lawsuit. I ended up spending $4800 for a new transmission. In 2010 Nissan convinced me to replace my train for $1600, I never knew it was a recall until today. Another caveat to this mess is that baker jackson changed their computer system and has no record of me replacing my train. I have a bank statement to prove it if necessary.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Feb 152016

Timing chain failure at 80,000 miles which should not happen

- Crown Point, IN, USA

Feb 232016

Transmission cooler inside the radiator cracked and got coolant in the transmission, causing the transmission to die. We went to turn the car on and it wouldn't start, from there we towed it to a mechanic who told us what had happened.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 262016

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the vehicle was being serviced for an oil change, when it was diagnosed that the radiator fluid was leaking into the transmission. The dealer stated that the radiator and the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 124,789. The VIN was not available.

- East Wenatchee, WA, USA

Dec 222015

At first, the car wouldn't start occasionally. I replaced the battery and fuses. This helped temporarily. Now, the car won't start unless I place a new ECU fuse each time I attempt to start it. Changing the fuse will start the car, but it lacks power and is quick to stall out. When I took it to the mechanic, he discovered coolant in my transmission. After reading information from several websites, I realized this is an ongoing issue with this make/model of car.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Oct 022015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle violently jerked forward without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the transmission fluid and anti freeze mixed together and the transmission and radiator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Tawnton, MA, USA

Aug 012015

Radiator cracked and water went into the oil and it mixed....per rep and mechanic at Nissan dealer. Problem caused by radiatior not being built properly at fabric. This problem caused vehicle to shake violently while driving. Very unsafe.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 042015

Coolant aft cross contamination in the transmission and radiator.

- Nanaimo, WA, USA

Sep 102015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the fuel gauge was fractured and the check engine light illuminated. The contact mentioned that when the vehicle was refueled, the fuel warning light remained illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle overheated and the anti-freeze had mixed with the transmission fluid causing it to leak onto the ground. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Aug 202015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving at approximately 30-35 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed and there was an abnormal noise as the vehicle moved up and down. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the brakes and rotors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000. The VIN was not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 282015

The transmission on my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder started slipping so I had it looked at and found out the coolant leaked into the transmission. I have 118,000 miles on it and unfortunately it looks like I am out of luck. I an very disappointed in Nissan since they know the failure does not occur until about 90,000 miles.

- Grand Ledge Mi., MI, USA