CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

1.9

2007 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 102016

Pathfinder

When I full my vehicle with gas the gage inside still say empty. Sometimes it moves, but very misleading. Because of what's happening with fuel gage, now my service engine light is on.

- Queens Village, NY, USA

Aug 122016

Pathfinder

In 2010, Nissan recalled many 2006 and 2008 Nissan Pathfinders (10V-075) for a fuel gauge inaccuracy issue, where the gauge would "show that the vehicle still has some fuel, typically about one quarter tank, when the fuel tank is actually empty." Oddly, Nissan then sent out an ntb (ntb07-069D) later in 2010 to remedy the same issue on many more Nissan models, including 2005-2008 Pathfinders. Why this defect initially deserved a recall and then only a less noticeable ntb is unclear. Our own 2007 Pathfinder was apparently was not included in the recall, but it has developed exactly the same fuel sensor problem. This suggests that Nissan failed to fully recall all models affected by the fuel sensor defect, and the subsequent ntb (the warranty for which has already passed) provided no protection for the problem when it developed. I do not understand why Nissan would recall only a few models affected by this defect and ignore the fact that the defect was present in many more models. I also don't understand why NHTSA would allow such a partial recall. Why would a recall only apply to some of the affected vehicles?

- Arlington, VA, USA

Aug 172016

Pathfinder

Vehicle lost power, will not transmit power to the wheels, appears to be a highly complaint among all owners. Transmission has failed in a heavy traffic area. Fuel level sender is no longer working.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jul 042016

Pathfinder

Tamara inflators, fuel gauge registers empty when tank is filled and will not detect the correct amount of fuel until half of the tank is empty. This happens every time the tank is filled.

- Hiswassee, GA, USA

Apr 262016

Pathfinder

Check engine light came on, dte reads --- and fuel gage seems to be inaccurate. Issue presented itself at 99,900 miles. Code P0463 is thrown. This issue is widely documented across forums and the internet, yet Nissan only covers this until year 2013 and/or 72K miles, whichever comes first. This widespread issue should be covered for life of vehicle.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 242015

Pathfinder

Car gas gage is stuck on empty, even though there is a full tank of gas. Check engine light is on. Nissan says I need a new fuel level sending unit.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 102015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the fuel gauge was fractured and the check engine light illuminated. The contact mentioned that when the vehicle was refueled, the fuel warning light remained illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle overheated and the anti-freeze had mixed with the transmission fluid causing it to leak onto the ground. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jan 032015

Pathfinder

I bought the vehicle a year ago at 79,000 miles. In January of 2015, I hit the 100,000 mile mark and almost immediately started having transmission problems. Loud and jerky shifting and smelling foul in the air conditioner. Nissan dealership said that there was an issue and since I was out of warranty, (100,000 miles) that they weren't liable. He said I could drive it because it shouldn't break down for another few thousand miles. So I just parked it. I would only drive it if I absolutely had no other choice. Friday, May 15 2015 I was coming home from a doctors appointment and the vehicle completely broke down. The transmission went out and I was in the middle of a busy road with my 4 year old in the car with me. At 40 mph, the RPM was at almost 5,000. I pulled over to call my husband and when we put it in reverse to back out of the parking space, it wouldn't go into reverse. I had to tow it home and it's completely broken down. I don't have 4,000 to spend on a transmission and radiator.

- Walker, LA, USA

Oct 012014

Pathfinder

I have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder that started making loud rumbling noises while driving. We replaced the radiator after the car over heated and a milky substance leaked. We've had the transmission flushed twice. We were told by a mechanic that the radiator liquid mixed into the transmission. I'm very disappointing to find that there are so many others with the same issue and that Nissan is doing nothing to help.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Apr 252015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. Every time the fuel gauge read below half a tank, the vehicle would stall. The vehicle would restart and resume normal operation once the fuel tank was filled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Forest, MS, USA

Mar 022015

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Gas gauge displays incorrectly and has a related check engine light. The gauge sometimes seems to work and then precipitously drops to empty even though tank is nearly full. This additionally seems to cause a check engine light to display, and when checked, shows a P0463 code (fuel level sensor circuit high input). The car is nearly undrivable due to fear of running out of fuel or worse such as a fuel leak or electrical short. The "distance to empty" display on the dash also no longer works as a backup.

- Fairfield, CT, USA

Jan 052015

Pathfinder

Heavy vibration while shifting heavy vibration while accelerating shuddering noises I am fearful that my car will die while I am driving down the street.

- Liberty, TX, USA

Oct 242014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

I currently have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder and at the end of October it started acting like it was going to stall a few times, then after a few times of that my check engine light came on so I took it to get evaluated and it comes up that it has a faulty fuel level sensor. I haven't gotten it fixed as of yet because I am a single mother of 4 and the cost isn't cheap. I have had no real issues with my truck other than this and after researching today I am seeing more and more complaints of the same thing but I don't see where there is a real recall for this. But it should be covered with all of the complaints that are in about this. I don't wish to be stranded somewhere with my children in this cold weather. For such an expensive vehicle you'd think something as such would be covered with so many going bad so needless to say I am not happy at the moment.

- Vineland, NJ, USA

Oct 112014

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the service engine sensor illuminated and the fuel gauge was not reading the fuel levels properly. The vehicle was repaired by an authorized dealer who replaced the fuel sending unit. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Apr 162014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Transmission failure driving under normal conditions on interstate.

- Daphne, AL, USA

Feb 102014

Pathfinder

I had 1/4 of a tank of gas and went to fill up. After filling up my gas tank, I turned on the car, at which point the needle did not register the full tank. After driving a couple miles, the check engine light came on. I went directly to the dealer and was told that it was a fuel sending unit/sensor and that it was no longer covered. After returning home and doing research, I went online to X.nissanhelp.com after performing a search, I came across many others who have experienced the same problem. Apparently it has something to do with the fuel sending unit. It seems that something in the unit is faulty and will corrode over time. There is a general consensus that everyone who is having the problem is experiencing the same thing after having the vehicle for over 2 yrs. If this problem existed in previous models, and it was recalled, the 2005-2007 xterras, frontiers, and Pathfinders should get this fixed at no charge to the customer!! why wait for accidents and possible deaths, especially since the problem lies in an integral part of the vehicle. Cost of repair ranges from $300-600."

- Golden, CO, USA

Jan 012013

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was filled, the fuel gauge would provide an erroneous empty reading. A local mechanic performed a diagnostic which located the failure at the fuel sending unit. The manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Mar 272014

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for inspection and they noticed that the fuel sensor was faulty. There was a voluntary recall related to the defect issued by the manufacturer. The recall pertained to the fuel senor. The vehicle exceeded the 70,000 mileage mentioned in the recall and was ineligible for the free repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Jul 152013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

We have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with approximately 58,000 miles. My wife and 1 week old son were out and the car unexpectedly ran out of gas, even though the gauge showed half-full. Thankfully, I was able to get to them quickly and pick them up. After doing some research there are 100,000S of 2006-2008 Pathfinders and xterras with a very well known and documented problem with the fuel level sensor. I called Nissan and apparently there was an extended warranty on this part that expired Jan 31, 2013 or 72,000 which ever is first. My car has 58K miles and they are refusing to cover the repair. There are two big issues here - 1. this is a serious safety concern and 2. if they know this is a problem why would they not notify owners to have the part fixed or formally issue a recall. Nissan has lost my business forever...

- Medfield, MA, USA

Apr 042013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Gas gauge does not reflect correct amount of fuel, no matter what the level. I have been re-setting trip mileage after fill-ups to have an approximate knowledge of fuel tank level. I am disabled and my vehicle ran out of gas yesterday.

- Burlington, CT, USA