- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 1 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 2 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 9 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 16 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 38,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem