Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: While there are fewer "radiator leaked into transmission" complaints for the 2008 model year, they are starting to pile up. Buyer beware.

Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.

2008 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Pathfinder:

2008 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Dec 222010

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Driving a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder (owned since new) down a 4 lane highway at approx 45 mph. A pickup truck turned in front of my wife and she hit it broadside at approx 35mph. Driver side airbag did not deploy. NHTSA campaign id number 08V690000 (air bags:frontal) did not apply because it was registered in Mississippi.

- Southaven, MS, USA

Feb 112009

I purchased my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder in early January 2009. Early February 2009 my friend sat in the passenger seat and the airbag light came on indicating that it was not on. She is at least 5 feet 8 inches and 135 pounds. I am also the same height and weight and it didn't work for me when I sat in the passenger seat as well. This occurs every time someone lighter than 160lbs sits in the passenger seat. I brought the car in for service and they told me that it was functioning properly and if the person in the passenger seat wasn't sitting in such a way to touch the sensor, then it would not work. They also told me that it is operating properly according to Nissan standards. So if I or my passenger are not sitting in the seat in such a way to set off the sensor, then we aren't protected. It wasn't as if we were sitting on our knees or in some weird position. We were sitting as we would in any vehicle. I also brought up that in an accident, when the car is being jostled around, that controlling how we sit in the seat is the last thing on our mind and we wouldn't get the benefit of an airbag? I also brought up that the driver airbag light does not go on and I am the one who usually drives it. They told me that the driver airbag always stays on because it is the driver. Nissan has not given me any resolution to this problem. Thank you for your time.

- Lowell, MA, USA