Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: While there are fewer "radiator leaked into transmission" complaints for the 2008 model year, they are starting to pile up. Buyer beware.

Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.

2008 Nissan Pathfinder steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Pathfinder:

2008 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Mar 012015

Where do I begin with with problems that I have had with this vehicle" I purchased the vehicle in 2010 with 48,000 miles on it. Looked brand new, now, I think I know what they traded it in. I have had one problem after another. I have spent over $7000 in the past year and a half, outside of normal upkeep like tires and brakes, on repairs for this vehicle. I am a single mother with 2 small children! my husband was killed in 2014. Do you know how hard it's been for me to get all this done?!?! but I had to, it's paid off and I don't want a new car note! replacing a transmission that the company I feel knows is faulty is really unjust. I initially paid $1800 to get it fixed for it only to continue messing up again. I was told them they probably replaced the transmission but not the computer and radiator which is the major problem with the vehicle. I then paid another $2400 to get it fixed correctly. Then, there was the timing chain issue, why did it break, who knows, but it shouldn't have.. so that was another $2300. I've also had to replace both sides of the catalytic converter which were about $300 each and a ball baring I believe its called was gone. Currently, my horn only works when you turn the steering wheel left and steering is getting harder to turn so I think my pump is going out; checked the fluids and they are fine. I dont have the money to get either of those problems fixed right now. Oh, did I mention my electrical problems" my windows are temperamental and don't always go down when I want them too. I was told that would probably be about $500, maybe more, to get electrical work done. I will likely never by another Nissan again after this one! if this vehicle wasn't already paid off, I would have traded it in already!

- Houston, TX, USA