4.3

2011 Nissan Pathfinder engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Pathfinder:

2011 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Feb 182016

Pathfinder

I have a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. This morning the Nissan dealership diagnosed a bad transmission which I thought was highly unlikely. They seemed as shocked as I was. They quoted me 7K to fix it and I decided to take it to someone else to get a second opinion. At this point they started being extremely rude. It is now at another shop unsure of what to do. As I got home tonight I found that other people had been experiencing this same problem in the same vehicles by Nissan. I'm not sure why the Nissan dealership acted like it was news to them. But now I just want it fixed and have a safe vehicle for my family. I'm hoping it gets recalled so that I'm able to get it fixed.

- Clyde, NC, USA

Jun 182014

Pathfinder

Took the truck the truck to the dealer for regular scheduled oil change(6/11/14). On 6/14/14 the service engine soon light came on. The light when off on 6/15/14. On 6/18/14 while driving the engine oil light came on and the oil pressure gauge when to zero. I took the truck back on 6/20/14 to the dealer. The service said there was nothing wrong.I was told to bring it back if I had any problems. On 6/26/14 the oil light came on and the pressure gauge when to zero. I had the car towed to the dealer. Theory are trying to determine what's wrong with the car.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Apr 082014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Car is making a very loud exhaust sound. Mechanic said the manifold has a crack. This car is a 2011, and it doesn't seem possible for this age car that is driven by a female 43 year old to have such issues.

- Florence, SC, USA

May 112013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Dear authority, I just bought a used Nissan Pathfinder 2011 with 15000 miles a week ago. It has had problem with acceleration. I took it to a Nissan dealer and was told that the transmission and radiator were both failed. This is very dangerous on highway if this Pathfinder's engine failed and stopped working. I do not want to put my family at risk on this truck. Please take action at once as how many car owners have already been experienced same problem. It would be too late if some serious accidents happened. The us government should protect its citizen and not the foreign car maker, I.e. Nissan corporation. Sincerely, Pathfinder owner

- Bronx, NY, USA