3.1

2011 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Pathfinder:

2011 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

May 302016

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. While the vehicle was stationary, the passenger side air bag indicator illuminated without warning. The vehicle was repaired, but the issue recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Fair Play, SC, USA

Nov 162015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving various speeds, the passenger side air bag deactivated warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,000.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Apr 022016

Pathfinder

My airbag light keeps flashing on and off. The dealer said it is the airbag switch. I had to pay $150 to get it diagnosed and the 2 front airbags will need to be replaced at the total of $2500. My vehicle has only 46,000 miles, this should be a safety issue. I see there are a lot more having the same problem. This happened when I switch the car on and remains on.

- Macon, GA, USA

Jun 212015

Pathfinder

On the date stated above, my family and I were getting ready to leave our hotel in Tennessee and return home when we noticed the airbag symbol flashing on our dashboard display. We checked to make sure all of the doors and seatbelts were properly connected thinking that we were not. This did not change anything on the dash display from still flashing. We had no choice but to continue on with our 543 mile trip home from where we staying. On 6/22/2015 we took the truck to our local Nissan dealer after reading in our truck's manual that if the light continues to flash after 7 seconds that you are required to take it to a dealer to have it looked at, because this will mean that your airbags will not be able to activate in an accident. The dealers maintenance manager told us it would cost $105 to have the truck hooked up to a computer to diagnose what the problem is. Not having the money to just have something like that done after just coming back from a vacation, my wife and I felt that it should be something that would be done for free because it is a major safety concern. The dealership said that that is not an option and we would have to pay the fee. This left my wife and I very upset and concerned for my families safety. We had a friend of ours who works for another car manufacturer hook up our truck to his computer equipment and he said that there is not indication of there being a problem with the airbags themselves. I would think that something that is of a safety concern would be a free priority for any dealership to look into, especially when we have bought 3 vehicles from the same dealership. We have bought from this same dealership but do not go to them for service because we feel that they do not know what they are doing based upon past experiences with them. We felt that they were in it more for the money rather than

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Jul 072014

Pathfinder

After stopping at stop sign and turning. The airbag indicator light started flashing. Took it to the dearlership it was bought from. They "repaired" the problem. After traveling less than 2 miles from dealerships, the light started back flashing. I returned to dealership. They wanted to know if I had wrecked the vehicle. I have not. After 2 hrs, they said I would have to replace the spiral cable and it was not covered by the extended warranty. It would be close to 600 dollars. I was also told that if an accident were to occur, my airbags would not deploy. I feel this is a safety issue that should be addressed. That is like telling someone the seatbelt in their car will not work. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend these days.

- Greenwood, MS, USA