CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 has a growing number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the transmissions shake violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

4.7

2013 Nissan Pathfinder accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder:

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Sep 192016

Pathfinder

While driving on September 219th, 2016, the airbag indicator light started flashing for under a minute, and then the entire dashboard cluster panel went out. The tachometer, speedometer, gas gauge, driver safety information, lighting and breaks, gear mode, seat belt indicator, engine temperature gauge all went blank as the car was driving straight down a street approximately 45 miles an hour. I pulled the car off of the road to a safe place. Shut it down, and started it again normally. The entire instrument panel has yet to come back on. I was able to get the SUV home, and called some local dealerships to get it in to service. While waiting for a call back, I was able to research, and found that the vehicle is under two recalls, 16V-244 for occs system, and 16V-380 for stop lamp switch.. I was able to get the car to royal Nissan in baton rouge, Louisiana (225) 924-0400 on the 20th of September, 2016. I informed them of the recalls, and they said that they would look into the mater. On the September 21th, service advisor (kenney) called me and said that they did not yet know how to fix the problem, but the car was three years old, and out of warranty and I would have to pay for the repairs myself because they were probably not related to the recalls. That is where it stands.as of September 21st, 2016. I do not think that I am being unreasonable when I think that there is a connection to the flashing indicator lights, and the dashboard going out at the same time.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 102016

Pathfinder

A part that allows the driver side visor to rotate up and down is broken. When returned to its holding position and released it falls back down blocking the driving view. In my humble opinion it was poorly manufactured because this vehicle is just over three years old and for a part that require multiple use and present a driving safety hazard if not working properly due to defective parts, should be recalled immediately.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Aug 282016

Pathfinder

Sun visor (drivers side) fell down after being pushed back into the up position, blocking my vision, distracting me, and requiring me to hold it up while driving until I could safely pull over and make a temporary repair. The vehicle was in motion when this happened, I had just completed a turn and was merging into traffic. Both visors have been replaced under warranty once.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Aug 022016

Pathfinder

Sun visor causing visibility issues. Sun visor has cracked on inside and now it does not close all the way. Inner parts are plastic and heat has caused it to crack and warp which now it will hang into my field of vision and prevent me from seeing the road ahead. It does this constantly. I see on the internet several complaint for this model of car with the same issue.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Aug 182016

Pathfinder

Drivers side sun visor will not stay up. The clip is broken inside to hold the visor up the sun visor flaps down during driving obstructing the view for the driver that could cause serious harm to occupants and others/vehicles. Car has 56,000 miles and is out of manufacturers warranty.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Jul 012016

Pathfinder

Drivers side visor will not go all the way up to the winshield in the open mode nor go all the way up to the ceiling in closed mode. It creates a visual and safety issue by hanging down.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jun 022016

Pathfinder

Driver's side sun visor suddenly malfunctioned and loose due to internal part is from plastic. It really disturbs while driving and can cause a bad accident. Temporarily I put this on the side so wont block my vision but this is not good solution especially if you're driving facing the sun. I've heard many similar complaints about this in internet and Nissan should do recall for this immediately before causing many accidents.

- Plano, TX, USA

Nov 112014

Pathfinder

This is the second time in a year this same incident occurred, once in rain and now in snow, the heim joint to the wipers pop off so they will not work with snow and or rain, I was told it was meant to do that so save the motor, really, I almost got killed because of this so called safety feature, I was also told there would be no recall and that there is nothing they can do about the situation.

- North Branch, MN, USA

Aug 262013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Windshield cracked. 09/21/2013 windshield cracked again. 01/04/2014 windshield cracked again. 05/28/2014 windshield cracked again. Seems to be cheap material used to make the front windshield as it is cracking so easily. I have never had this kind of trouble with a vehicle.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jan 212014

Pathfinder

The wipers freeze up during snow and clod weather. The wipers do not keep the windshield clear.

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Jan 182014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Two problems: 1. brand new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Front windshield wipers completely stopped working twice. Dealer fixed them the first time under warranty, but they have stopped again, leaving us stranded in a snow storm. 2. the vehicle lurches and shakes under acceleration, especially around 20 mph. Something is wrong with the transmission. I have read online about it but people caution against bringing it in as the fixes either didn't work or made it worse. I am very concerned this vehicle is going to require major repairs somewhere down the road, likely outside of the warranty coverage.

- Arlington, MA, USA