Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2013 has a growing number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the transmissions shake violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder:

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 192016

While driving on September 219th, 2016, the airbag indicator light started flashing for under a minute, and then the entire dashboard cluster panel went out. The tachometer, speedometer, gas gauge, driver safety information, lighting and breaks, gear mode, seat belt indicator, engine temperature gauge all went blank as the car was driving straight down a street approximately 45 miles an hour. I pulled the car off of the road to a safe place. Shut it down, and started it again normally. The entire instrument panel has yet to come back on. I was able to get the SUV home, and called some local dealerships to get it in to service. While waiting for a call back, I was able to research, and found that the vehicle is under two recalls, 16V-244 for occs system, and 16V-380 for stop lamp switch.. I was able to get the car to royal Nissan in baton rouge, Louisiana (225) 924-0400 on the 20th of September, 2016. I informed them of the recalls, and they said that they would look into the mater. On the September 21th, service advisor (kenney) called me and said that they did not yet know how to fix the problem, but the car was three years old, and out of warranty and I would have to pay for the repairs myself because they were probably not related to the recalls. That is where it of September 21st, 2016. I do not think that I am being unreasonable when I think that there is a connection to the flashing indicator lights, and the dashboard going out at the same time.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

May 062016

I am driving my 2013 Pathfinder and from time to time, on the highway or local roads, even at take off I press the accelerator and nothing happens. The revs do not rise, the truck does not accelerate. I can put the accelerator to the floor and still nothing. It happens roughly once every time I drive it. I let go the accelerator and press it again and it is back to normal. The truck is warm every time it happens, so I cant say it is because I am driving the engine cold.

- New Hyde Park, NY, USA

Apr 272016

I was on a trip to the store, all of a sudden my Pathfinder acted as if it had no power when I was getting ready to get going from a stoplight. This same thing occurred several more times throughout the drive. On one occasion my family and I were put into an unsafe situation. As I was trying to make a turn in an intersection my Pathfinder had no power and almost caused me to be hit by oncoming traffic. Another issue is with the brake lights wouldn't go off once I got to a stopping point. They stay on and don't go off without the fuse for the stop light being pulled.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Apr 022016

A few things have been happening with my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. I bought this vehicle brand new Feb 2013 and the issues stared right away. The one thing that has been happening is the car feels like it's going to stall. I will be driving down the road or on the highway and it feels like it is in neutral all of the sudden. I will press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and nothing. When turning into traffic or just turning period, it does the same thing. It is very scary. I have 2 young children and this is very dangerous. I have reported the problem numerous times to the dealership who claims they fixed the problem or did not notice any problems I was describing. It seems to be getting worse as the vehicle ages. Just the other day I was driving on the highway when not only was I experiencing this happening while driving 75 mph but my cruise control wouldnżT engage (I thought maybe this would help keep the car at the right speed) but it wouldnżT turn on. Then the ABS & vdc lights turned on. When I got home I turned the car off and turned it back on and the lights were no longer on. Next time I tried the cruise control it worked. Another thing that has been happening is my brake lights will stay on when the car is turned off, not every time but many times and there have been times I didnżT catch it. Just this morning my battery was dead and the battery is only a few months old. IżM thinking these lights stayed on all night. Before trying to jump-start my battery, with the vehicle off, there was a clicking sound coming from the far right of the engine. We were able to jump start my car and it has been working fine today so far but I have an appointment at the dealer, yet again, for these issues.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Apr 022016

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled, while driving at 60 mph. In addition, the vehicle rpms increased to six and seven. The contact also stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate. The contact stated that failure occurred on two separate occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Appalachia, VA, USA

Sep 012015

My 2013 Pathfinder studders like it's not getting gas. It has completely stalled while driving in busy traffic. I took it to the dealership which stated they could not get it to duplicate the problem. This can happen on inclines and when I got to stop or slow down then go to accelerate against it studders really bad. It sometimes will not start due to not recognizing the key fob.

- Logan, OH, USA

Nov 282014

I was driving my car into a gravel driveway, I braked on the pavement to make my turn, turning into the gravel driveway, when I pressed on the brake pedal to slow the car, I had absolutely no brakes. The car would not stop. I had to quickly turn the car to avoid hitting another vehicle and a building, and had to slam the transmission into park to get the vehicle to stop. I contacted the dealership, advised them of the issue, as they were over an hour away, they sent someone with a trailer to come pick up the car. During this time, I also advised them of the passenger airbag light coming on while I had a passenger in the seat, stating that the airbag was off. My passenger was my teenage son, weighing over 120 lbs. I also had my husband in the seat, over 250 lbs, the light still came on. Nissan stated this was all due to a computer issue, they provided me with a loaner car as I was without my car for over 1 week. They even tried to sell me the loaner car, this should tell a person something right"? I have had weather stripping come off my car while I am driving, around the driver side roof, paint is peeling on the rear bumper, sometimes the car won't recognize my key fob to start, stating incorrect key id. The car stalls, hesitates, smokes, transmission "jerks", like it wants to give up, the ac does not blow cold air, sometimes its even warm. I will not let anyone drive my car for fear that it will stall out or not stop. Sometimes, when you press the gas pedal, the car will not move, or it hesitates to move. I have another recall to have repaired, the hood latch...with the dealership over an hour away, working full time, they only repair recalls during the week, how am I supposed to have it fixed, when the hood latch fails and I wreck" seriously, recall the vehicle, it has so many safety recalls, its just not safe.

- Moses Lake, WA, USA

Mar 292013

The light on the passenger side would not go off, and engine would be surging and the car would shake, even if the car was on cruse control mode and specially going up hill. We took it to a dealer twice and they said there was no problem- "could not diagnose the problem. They "updated the software" to no avail. They send us to the company and they did not do anything.

- Panam City , FL, USA

Mar 102015

Turning into parking space at mcdonalds. Foot on brakes, shift lever in drive, engine speed at idle. A bright red flashing "emergency" light appeared inside the speedometer ring at the nine O'clock position. Simultaneously accompanied by a complete brake failure. This light is not mentioned in the operators manual. Vehicle was taken to the port charlotte fl dealer and checked out perfectly. Their maintenance supervisor knew nothing about this light--it is not in their maintenance manual. I have three eye witnesses inside the car at the time. A large SUV with no brakes! what could possibly go wrong?

- Dunnellon, FL, USA

Mar 022015

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated and the passenger side air bag failed to detect that the seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the air bag system was checked and upgraded but the failure persisted. The contact mentioned that the dealer informed that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 27,000.

- Pembroke, MA, USA

Aug 092014

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V069000 (air bags) and repaired. A year later, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer who reset the code; however, the air bag warning lamp came back on indicating that the air bag was off while a passenger was in the seat. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer for further inspection and diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Mar 112014

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Maryville , TN, USA

Feb 272015

When the car is full of passengers the transmission starts to miss shift causing a vibration. Feels unsafe when carrying passengers. Also vehicles backup camera is starting to act up. The video is screen has lines through it and sometimes the backup alarms deactivate.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 112014

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated while driving various speeds, the air bag passenger's side warning light remained illuminated even with an occupant present. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system) and the VIN was included. The dealer was unable to locate a problem and informed that the passenger did not weigh enough and contributed to the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 132014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

While in the course of normal highway driving, the radio continues to change channels, completely umprompted. It will not switch to a new preset, it will adjust up or down on the dial. For example, if I have the radio on 94.9, it would adjust on its own to 95.3. this is happening more and more frequently.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jan 152014

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Bought this vehicle advertised as "new" however started having multiple issues within the first few days. The fuel gauge would read "0" miles regardless of how much the fuel tank was filled, and the transmission started slipping the 4th day. I would be driving along at anywhere from 30-55 mph when this would happen. Took it back to the original dealer for repair, who refused to put it in the shop and check it out, so I took it to another dealer who said that they were unable to reproduce the defects in the shop. I took it back multiple times for the same issues and they ended up putting more mileage on the vehicle than I did in the first 3 weeks with continuous "inability to reproduce results, " however, as soon as I would leave the shop to go home the transmission would slip and the car would decelerate almost to a stop and then lunge again when it would kick back in. The fuel guage continued to read zero at fill ups, very frustrating. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs with no real progress. The dealer refused repair printoffs as well, so I really don't know what they did to the vehicle while it was in the shop.

- Kennedale, TX, USA

Aug 162014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Passenger airbag light came on with a occupant in the seat, person weight 120 lb, and the car was reprogram before with a recall notice, issue still the same, happened some times, and I have to stop the car and turn it off and restart and the light turn off, this is an issue needs to be resolve do to a safety issue.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 022013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

When I put my car in reverse the backup camera have static lines and the image start rolling up and down happened some times not always, I took the car to service and they didn't replaced because it was working fine, I even took a video and give this to the service representative and he told me that he needs to see in person and it was no recall on this equipment.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Dec 182013

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The vehicle was repaired however, the airbag warning indicator continued to illuminate intermittently after the recall repairs were performed. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 8000.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

May 052014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Since purchasing the 2013 Pathfinder, problems are relentless. Liftgate sticking and rubbing. Broken door handles, driver and passenger. Bolt falling out of alternator while driving. Airbags not working properly. Now for the past few months a shudder/vibration which happens intermittently. Usually at low speeds when turning or accelerating. Brought to dealer in 2/14 and needed reprogramming. Started happening again, brought to dealer was told they can't duplicate so there is nothing they can do. Happening again now on 5/6 and there is no answer. Afraid car will stall out in intersection causing a major accident. Same issue happening to tons of people, yet no response from Nissan.

- Galloway, NJ, USA