CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 has a growing number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the transmissions shake violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder:

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 3 of 8)

Aug 102015

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was diagnosed and repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000. The VIN was not available. MA 10/5 updated 01/29/16.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Aug 032015

Pathfinder

The car has been through all the recalls that were recommended till date. Front passenger seat seatbelt warning not working even when a person(200 lb) person was sitting on it. The person forgot to wear the seatbelt. But no warning was provided for seatbelt. The passenger airbag light showed it was off too.

- Overland Park , KS, USA

Mar 152015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the front seat passenger air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The contact also stated that failure occurred with a front seat passenger. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician informed that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 54,000. The VIN was not available.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jul 042015

Pathfinder

The recall for the front passenger airbag light indicating that the airbag is not armed was performed in 2014. I never had an issue with this light until after the recall was performed. Since then, it occurs periodically for several minutes, despite a passenger of from 80 lbs to 215 lbs. I tell them to sit back harder or lift their butt up and sit down again to see if the light goes off. Sometimes it does with the heaviest passengers, but not with the lightest. This is very intermittent and the dealer reps can never duplicate the problem. I suspect the issue is in the sensors in the seat, but who knows? obviously, there are many other Pathfinders with the same on-going problem and this needs to be fixed because we don't know if the airbag is really inoperative or whether it will work despite the light. I don't want to find out either! fortunately, I drive carefully.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Feb 242014

Pathfinder

In May 2014, there was a NHTSA recall(14V-138) for the OCS system that "in the affected vehicles, the OCS software may incorrectly classify the passenger seat as empty when it is occupied by an adult." As a result of this safety issue, the possibility of failure of the airbag to deploy increases the risk of injury to the passenger. My Nissan Pathfinder, purchased June 2013 at airport Nissan in cleveland, oh, was serviced for this recall in June 2014; however, the safety issue was not resolved by the software reprogramming and this issue continues in my vehicle to this day. My car has been in for service 9 times related to this issue as this safety concern was reported before the recall was issued, first reported February 2014. The airport Nissan service dept has replaced the airbag control unit, replaced the seat frame, replaced both sensors, ensured proper torqueing and completed zero point calibrations per the service write ups and direction of Nissan corporate. A complaint was filed with Nissan North America and Nissan regional diagnostic troubleshooter, bill mcray was sent to test my vehicle. The issue could not be reproduced during testing and no codes showed on the system. However, I have video of the light on while a passenger is in the seat from early 2014 up to July 2, 1015. Nissan Consumer Affairs dept ruled that they were not in a position to buy back my car and because my car is still in warranty, they would not offer assistance in purchasing a new Pathfinder; even though they have not offered any other possible solutions to fix the safety concern. A certified letter was sent June 17, 2015, requesting assistance, to Nissan North America - Mr. Fred diaz, sr. Vp sales & marketing and operations, and Mr. Jose munoz, executive vp, with an email copy also sent. A follow up phone call to the executive line was made June 30, 2015 with still no response received.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Jun 032013

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. While operating the vehicle with an average size adult seated in the front passenger seat, the air bag sensor light illuminated and indicated that the passenger side air bag system was deactivated and would not deploy in a crash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the air bag system was reset; however, the failure recurred. The cause of the failure was not determined. The contact indicated that the failure occurred on multiple occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Alston, TX, USA

Feb 012014

Pathfinder

Passenger airbag light comes on when passenger in excess of 120lbs is seated in seat. Light randomly comes on and goes off even though passenger is seated properly. Have reported this to Nissan repeatedly and they indicate airbag sensor is functioning properly.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Mar 292013

Pathfinder

The light on the passenger side would not go off, and engine would be surging and the car would shake, even if the car was on cruse control mode and specially going up hill. We took it to a dealer twice and they said there was no problem- "could not diagnose the problem. They "updated the software" to no avail. They send us to the company and they did not do anything.

- Panam City , FL, USA

May 182015

Pathfinder

Passenger seat airbag warning light is not working again. First time fixed by Nissan based on recall issued. Once again the passenger seat airbag light is indicating the passenger seat is not occupied when it is being occupied. Do not know if airbag is working or not. The vehicle is now out of warranty at 37,530 miles. Nissan headquarters was not helpful; told me to take back to dealer and have it checked out at my expense. Told to call back and advise them of results; they would then take it under advisement!

- Climax, GA, USA

May 042015

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

I have seen the passenger side air bag light come on and off for the past 10,000 miles. In the last few weeks it just blinks all the time. The vehicle went to the dealership today for a total of three more recalls, cvt reprogram, hood latch, and reprogram the OCS ( air bag ). I picked the vehicle up, started the car, and light was still blinking" if the light is still blinking all the time, the pass side air bag is not operable? so the OCS recall is a waste of time, I have read other complaints that there light is still on also! what is really wrong with the car? who is responsible when an accident occurs and the passenger is injured"

- Shelton, CT, USA

Jun 032014

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving with the front passenger seat occupied, the front passenger seat air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on multiple occasions but the failure could not be duplicated. The contact mentioned that the air bag sensors were replaced but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,000.... updated 06-02-15

- Lexington, SC, USA

Apr 192015

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

This is a complaint supporting NHTSA action number RQ15001. The passenger air bag light stays illuminated (showing the airbag is off) while an adult over 150 lbs is sitting in the seat. I have had it into the dealership several times for the complaint. I also have 2 videos of the issue while traveling in the vehicle to prove that their is an issue that exists. It has already had the recall done on this vehicle for this issue. There is an issue with the occupant classification system (OCS).

- Chaska, MN, USA

Mar 082013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Intermittently when my wife, who weighs 110 lbs. Sits in the front passenger seat, the passenger air bag warning light will not go off. I have to stop the car, shut it off and restart it one or two times. I have had it back to the Nissan service center, they check everything out and tell me it's working as designed. It has been recalled for sensor replacement. The last time I was there they said they could reset the computer to 0 tolerance. Not sure what that does to the safety of the vehicle. They have told my wife to sit all the way to the left and also in the center of the seat. Which doesn't seem to make any difference. The latest incident was 04/06/15.

- Absecon, NJ, USA

Apr 032015

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Upon acceleration from idle or at traffic light, depressing the acceleration pedal produces no movement. You have to press the gas pedal all the way down, upon which no movement forward is created. Also, the passenger front airbag, even with a 160 pound passenger sits in seat, airbag light is still turned off, subsequently turning off airbag.

- Whitestone, NY, USA

May 112014

Pathfinder

My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder was involved in a side impact accident on May 11th, 2014. Three occupants of my mv were injured, including myself. There was a recall on the passenger side air bags. With this recall the side passenger airbags would fail to deploy in a side impact accident. After May 11, 2014, I took my 2013 Pathfinder to lia Nissan in enfield, ct, to have my airbags inspected to see if they operated properly in the accident. Without inspecting the vehicle, the female service tech./manager told me that they would surely have operated properly in the accident as designed. The service employee stated I needed to have my vehicle repaired so they could perform the recall on the passenger airbags/air bag sensor. They would not inspect the airbag system. Damage to the 2013 Pathfinder included frame damage, both passenger doors were inoperable and had to be replaced. The front passenger seat frame was replaced as it was bent in the accident. Mv was repainted. After the repairs, I was still having issues with the passenger airbag light staying on indicating the airbags were off. At various normal service (oil changes etc...) I informed Nissan techs about the passenger airbag light. I was given this advice from the service tech. If the light comes on again turn the mv on and off to reset the sensor. March 2015 after reading the article regarding the NHTSA investigation into these same issues. I again took my mv to lia Nissan in enfield, ct. To inquire about the passenger airbag light being still on. They told me the issue was fixed with the recall and even if the passenger (airbag off) light is on, the air bags would still work properly. The technician said the proper "off" indicator was the airbag light in the instrument panel. I was then advised again to turn my mv off then on to reset the sensor. I do not consider this issue to be resolved.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jun 072014

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has been in the Nissan service dept for a total of 38+ days (5 visits to the service dept with varrying lenghts of stay). The vehicle is still currently with the dealership for repairs, that's why I say 38+ days. The passenger airbag light comes on when I sit in the passenger seat. This has been happening for nearly a year. During this year I was pregnant and my weight went up to 192 pounds. I currently weigh around 155 pounds and the passenger airbag light still continues to turn on. A specialist came out from Nissan usa yesterday and told my husband they have exhausted all options in regards to repairing the passenger air bags. We are completely frustrated as Nissan is unable to help us out, but we have serious concerns that our SUV is unsafe. Another note: We have photos and video of the light going on while I'm sitting in the passenger seat.

- Pembroke, MA, USA

Mar 022015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated and the passenger side air bag failed to detect that the seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the air bag system was checked and upgraded but the failure persisted. The contact mentioned that the dealer informed that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 27,000.

- Pembroke, MA, USA

Aug 242013

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

We noticed early after purchase of our 2013 Nissan Pathfinder that the passenger side air bag disable light would come on whether or not there was someone sitting in that seat. Brought to dealership and not much help. Reprogram and the same issue appeared in just a few days. Months later Nissan issued a recall for programming. This still did not change the problem. Dealership replaced the entire seat at no cost to myself. Light still comes on when someone is sitting in seat at random times or no one is the seat. Someone is going to get hurt without the airbag deploying correctly. And how do we know it is actually going to work?

- Lakeville, MN, USA

Aug 092014

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V069000 (air bags) and repaired. A year later, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer who reset the code; however, the air bag warning lamp came back on indicating that the air bag was off while a passenger was in the seat. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer for further inspection and diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Jun 022014

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

This vehicle was part of a safety recall by Nissan for the front passenger airbag or OCS not correctly identifying the occupant. In June 2014 I took my vehicle to stateline Nissan, Kansas City, mo and they completed the recall activity, however, within the next few weeks, I noted that the warning light on the front passenger airbag system was staying activated when an adult was sitting in the seat. I took the vehicle back to stateline Nissan in Oct 2014 and after running the diagnostics, they stated they found nothing wrong. They advised to make sure the front adult passenger was sitting straight and not leaning off center. I have since noted the warning light will periodically stay on when either an adult is in the seat, or even when no one is seated. I again called stateline Nissan on 3/23/15 after reading an article concerning continued issues with the OCS still malfunctioning and the NHTSA receiving complaint. I was told there was nothing they could do as this was no longer an authorized activity from Nissan, but to bring in the vehicle when the warning light came on. Please include this complaint with the others.

- Lenexa, KS, USA