Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2013 has a growing number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the transmissions shake violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder:

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jun 012016

While traveling on rt 75 in Florida the left rear tire blew out without any warning. I thought I hit something big in the road as there was a loud noise & the car acted as if it were wounded. I changed the tire myself as the service people we called weren't able to locate us with the limited information we had. I discovered a 3 inch square part of the sidewall still attached to the tire. We checked the tire pressures before we started out on our trip from laurel, Delaware. The car has sensors on the tires & gives a warning if the tire pressure is low. We purchased the car new (leftover) with about 8 miles on the odometer. I understand they inflate the tires with nitrogen if that has any bearing on what happened. We had the tire fixed at a Nissan dealer in fort myers. I took many pictures of the tire that blew-out before I had them replace it.

- Laurel, DE, USA

Mar 092015

There is a violent shudder/judder that occurs during turns, uneven roads, up hills, slower speeds during traffic. Gears do not seem to change and operate smoothly. Judders into next gear losing power and control of the vehicle that scares everyone in the car. As consumers we all purchase new vehicles for reliability and safely. You stick to a brand you know and trust because of prior experiences or word of mouth referrals. Nissan has tried to give me a harder time fixing these issues by asking to replicate the issue or record while driving, which is also extremely dangerous and illegal. These issues are surprisingly are all over the internet, yet I have not seen a fix to date, ownership from the manufacture of the problem or recall. People's lives are at risk in these faulty auto's every day and yet nothing seems to be done. After having my second transmission installed, wheel barring replaced, rubber strips from roof replaced as well as driver visor I will soon file for a lemon claim. Please take my issues serious and help save people that could possibly lose their lives because of these faulty transmissions.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 152015

My new 2013 Pathfinder came with the tire toyo proxes A20. This option is not available on the drop-down selections. Excessive tire wear on toyo proxes A20 tires.. at 23,000 miles tires are in need of replacing.( I only use this vechile to take my son to school and around town, I am under 1,000 miles a month) I have expressed my concern with Nissan abeloff dealership, Nissan consumer affair and toyo the tire company. I had a case opened with Nissan conumer which they told me that the dealership would have to measure the tire depth and then they could help me with replacement cost. (of course this was all verbal on the phone). Unfortunately the dealership had a different reading vs my readings. Luckily I kept my multi inspection paperworks as backup and told them that there gadget is broken beacause it kinda weird for theards to be like a roller coaster. My latest reading on the treads is 2/32 and 3/32 which a brand new gadget was used. After the dealership confirmed this corrected reading. They informed Nissan and now they come back to me, they can not do anything even though previous case they said they will be glad to help out. This is considered a safety hazard and I do not thing a tire should be weared out so early when others last from any where 40,000 to 50,000 miles. These toyo proxes A20 are defected and I searched online on and have found similar stories for this tire on the Nissan SUV's and other SUV brands. These tires need to be recalled as defected wear and tear before and accident happens and life's lost.

- East Strodsburg, PA, USA

Jul 022014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Since I purchase the SUV #1 I heard little noise I when back to dealer at list 5 times and they don't find anything for last couple months I start to hear noise but I think it's the bearing because the whole well move #2 when U gas up the car never give U the same mileage always different #3 water for windshield wipes same time it works same time don't same issue since I got the SUV this SUV it's to many issue since I got it !I will not recommend anyone to get one of this SUV it's not worth it.

- Staten Island , NY, USA