Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 has a small, but significant number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the Pathfinder's transmission shakes violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2014 Nissan Pathfinder accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder:

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Sep 292015

Parking lever.... depressed to floor, and still, brakes do not hold vehicle in place, but slides on incline!,,, also the two windshield columns right and left, are too larger/wide, decreasing visibility, and establishing a wider "blind spots."

- Bklyn, NY, USA

May 172016

The driver side sun visor will not stay up and severely hinders forward visibility. The hinge mechanism is broken. This failure happens 100% of the time and is not related to the vehicle being stationary or moving.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 012016

My sun visors on my SUV that I purchased new will not stay up. They hang down in a very awkward position and pose a major visibility issue. I drive over 50 miles daily for work and steering my car while trying to hold up my passenger visor has and is posing a major visibility issue. I read countless post blog with other Pathfinder owner who have the exact same is. I am taking my SUV to Nissan to see if this is covered under warranty. My main concern is once my warranty haa expired as numerous of Pathfinder owners have, this will be an expense that I will have to absorb when I shouldn't because it is a clear manufacturer defect. I am being told the cause of my ossue is that Nissan made thw visors too heavy for the brackets that support them causing them to fall and impair visibility which is not only dangerous but could be deadly. I am a mother of two and want to make sure the vehicle I purchased new bc of safety is in fact safe for myself and my family.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Jul 212016

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the sun visor fractured and blocked her visibility. The dealer diagnosed that the failure was a manufacturer defect. In addition, the contact mentioned that the driver's side door handle fractured. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 47,000.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 012015

After just one year of ownership, the driver's side sun visor is now obstructing clear view of the road, causing a safety hazzard! this is one of many complaints I have read online, and I hope it does not take for someone to get hurt in order for a recall to be initiated. Now, my passenger side visor is doing the same thing...this is an obvious defect in the parts. I am awaiting the service department's solution, and hopefully they call us back.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Nov 012015

Purchased 2014 Pathfinder Nissan from nalley Nissan in Decatur, Georgia. Prior to purchasing I conducted my research and was informed that the their was a recall on the hood latch. I was informed that this had been repaired. After returning home with the car over 170 miles, the 2nd day (rainy morning) while traveling with my two daughters, hood blew back (bending both sides), which blinded my visibility, thus forcing me to steer off the road to avoid hitting others. The dealer was not responsive and I contacted Nissan headquarters. After 2-weeks, an investigator came and ruled that the hood was not repaired properly. It took nearly 4-additional weeks to process paperwork. After 6-weeks of paying out of pocket for car rentals (they would not pay nor assist me with getting a rental car) which caused financial hardship; emotional distress (emergency room visits and several doctors appointments); and not to mention two paid car notes without the car. Nissan headquarters called to inform me they can only repair the car again and refund me my car rental fees. I am concerned that the hood on this car is a lemon defect that will jeopardize my safety as well as others. Is there any other course of action that could be demanded from the Nissan such as a refund for the car or new car replacement (2014)? I am not comfortable with the repairs to a hood latch for a 2nd time. Recall #15V033000.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jul 302015

Driving West on hwy 60 from nashville, tn to branson mo. No cars in front of me, just open fields on each side. I hear what sounds like an explosion. I look around and realize that I hear wind and glass above my head as well. Appox. 8 by 12 inches of glass was gone from the center of my sunroof. Luckily, my visor was closed or it could have been much worse with glass falling on my head and face. The dealer said that they've never heard of this before, but upon further research it seems to be a much more common occurrence than than I was lead to believe. This is an extremely dangerous issue and could have been much worse if my visor had been left open.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Jul 152011

Pathfinder 4WD

The driver side view mirror creates a real blind spot for the driver. It is smack in the middle of your face and blocks your view to the left for making left turns. Also, at an intersection ( four way), you are unable to see a car stopped on your left awaiting to cross over or to make a left in front of you. I have had several near miss incidents and this is a real problem. The mirrors need to be redesigned and placed at a lower level thus giving you a clear view through the left or driver side window.

- Vienna, VA, USA