Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 has a small, but significant number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the Pathfinder's transmission shakes violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2014 Nissan Pathfinder brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder:

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Sep 292015

Parking lever.... depressed to floor, and still, brakes do not hold vehicle in place, but slides on incline!,,, also the two windshield columns right and left, are too larger/wide, decreasing visibility, and establishing a wider "blind spots."

- Bklyn, NY, USA

Aug 012014

1) my drievr side door level broke unable to exit vehicle. 2) vehicle sometimes takes a long time to stop without warning. 3) on a curve while brking or from brake to acceleration the vehicle stutters or hesitates to go. Almost hit several times because as I lightly hovered the brake while turning or in straight line it hestiates to provide acceleration. (dealer said nothing they can do for this)they need codes I was told. 4) all brake pads and rotors both went bad before 25,000 miles. 5) right front bearing went bad at approx 6000 miles causing accelerated tires wear (I had to buy new tires) at 10K miles on a 60-75K tire. 6) passenger side air bag warning light stays on all the time(currently had car in they said they were getting a part) I average 10-12K a year and park in a large open driveway.

- Blasdell, NY, USA

Aug 042015

The contact owned a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving 50 mph attempting to engage the brakes, the brakes malfunctioned without any warning and crashed into another vehicle. The vehicle was destroyed and towed from the scene. A police report was filed. The passenger of the contact's vehicle and the driver of the other vehicle sustained unknown injuries. Medical attention was not received. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle exhibited the failure listed in NHTSA campaign number: 15V012000 (service brakes); however, the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 042015

I was traveling at approx 50 mph with 4-5 car lengths between the vehicle in front of me. The vehicle in front on me hit his brakes at which time I hit my brakes. My brakes did not respond when I hit them so I released the brake peddle and hit the brakes again. When I made impact with the vehicle in front of me I was still traveling at approx 35-40 mph.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Sep 192014

We were stopped in traffic on the downhill portion of a city street when we were hit from behind by a Nissan pickup traveling at approximately 30 miles per hour. We were approximately 10-12 feet behind the car in front of us as we'd stopped early due to wishing to leave room to move up in case of imminent impact (we could see the vehicle come fast and not slowing enough). My foot was on the brake and we were not moving at the time. The impact disengaged our brakes (my foot was still on the pedal and it was fully depressed). We hit the car in front of us at an angle and continued to roll forward for approximately 100 yards with no way of stopping. After pumping the pedal a few times the brakes once again engaged and I was able to stop the vehicle. I had the brakes checked the previous week by the Nissan dealership I had purchased the vehicle from and they advised me there were no issues with the brakes. I feel that the brakes failed on this vehicle based on my past experiences in similar rear end collisions and have grave concerns about a defect.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jun 052014

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

TL * the contact owns a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated while approaching a stop light the brakes seized and failed to engage. The steering wheel also became difficult to turn. The contact had to put the vehicle in park in order to stop the vehicle. The failure caused the contact to crash into another vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing however, the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage were 7500. Updated 09/05/14 updated 09/12/2014

- Holtsville, NY, USA

Dec 082013

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V445000 (electrical system, service brakes, hydraulic) and scheduled an appointment with the dealer for recall repairs. Before the contact could have the vehicle serviced and while driving approximately 10 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to respond. The contact then crashed into a nearby pole. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The front end of the vehicle was damaged. The contact experienced the consequence mentioned in the recall prior to having the vehicle serviced. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,039.

- West St. Paul, MN, USA

Nov 052013

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph down a steep hill, she attempted to decelerate but the brakes failed to engage. The contact also stated that the emergency brake failed to stop the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the brake, engine, and key error warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 1,600. Updated 03/05/14 also, the check engine light illuminated, and power to the vehicle was lost.

- Union, OH, USA