Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 has a small, but significant number of transmission complaints at low mileage. The issue is part of a class-action lawsuit that says the Pathfinder's transmission shakes violently during acceleration between 15mph and 30mph.

2014 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder:

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jun 052016

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder as used vehicle in September 2015. Since purchasing the vehicle my wife has complained about the vehicle shuddering at low speed or when turning. This shuddering has become more frequent and now happens when the vehicle is cruising down the road. We have also noticed that the passenger airbag will show that there is no body in the seat even when there is someone sitting in the seat. The first time we took the vehicle back to the dealership the mechanic was not able to experience the issues that we had communicated to them ad dismissed our claims. Contacting dealership 6/6 to have vehicle issues checked again.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Oct 062014

I bought my car new 11.23.13. On 10.06.14, I was driving on the freeway at about 70, my car stopped accelerating. I would try to push the gas pedal & nothing would happen. It would punch in & out & finally catch. About 20 min later, my car stopped accelerating & would punch in & out constantly & I would slow to about 50 mph where cars behind me are swerving not realizing I am slowing down so fast. I couldn't get it to accelerate & tried to get over onto the shoulder. It never accelerated again. I got a tow to the dealership & they figured it was my transmission. They called to tell me they replaced it & realized that the transmission wasn't the problem. The next day they said "you may have put in some bad gas." Bad gas? whatever. So, they have no idea what the problem was. They drained the gas put some new gas in & gave me the car back 10.14.14. On 10.21.14, the problem came back. We were at a stop light. The car would not accelerate. This time I was with my husband & 2 young children (2 & 4). We shut off the car to reset it & turned it back on. We were able to get it moving again & drove back to the dealership. Some Nissan engineers came in to figure out what the problem was. The Nissan rep called me to ask questions like, "how many miles did I drive before my car stopped accelerating (10 miles) & did the odometer & others reset (no). They had no idea what was causing my car to do this so they replaced the battery, alternator, control panel, you name it. Got the car back 10.31.14 & on 11.05.14 it happened again. This time at night in the carpool lane. We made it home. This is scary now. The next day the car stalled at the red light. Started it up again, & it went for a second & stalled. It did this twice. I got a tow to the dealership. I told them I do not want the car back due to fearing for the safety of myself & my children. So far, no help. Will have to fight.

- Ontario, CA, USA