8.6

2016 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder:

2016 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Dec 122016

Pathfinder

I was the person who first filed the airbag issue on NHTSA. Finally today, the issue was "patched".I say patched not fixed since now the "airbag off" light is always on in my car which does not match the manual of my vehicle.a bigger issue though is that this confuses us into thinking the similarly orange colored cross traffic light on the passenger side is on and twice out of two times we almost had a crash due to that. This patch is not safe or acceptable and I hope that NHTSA acts to protect customers who paid a considerable amount of money to acquire a supposedly safe vehicle.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Sep 092016

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V244000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cammack Village, AR, USA

Apr 032016

Pathfinder

NHTSA campaign number: 15V681000 component(s): Air bags the above issue was also seen on my 2016 Pathfinder sl tech purchased less than 1 month ago. The issue happens about 10% of the time. To resolve I have to power cycle the car...

- Germantown, MD, USA