2004 Nissan Quest body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Jun 042010

Quest

Children was entering vehicle and door spontaneously closed on hand. This has happened periodically since, but never with the exact same circumstances. Ie opened door to load packages, turned back around and door started closing.

- Portland, TN, USA

Aug 222014

Quest 6-cyl

I took my car to the mechanic for an alternator, my mechanic discovered that the front subframe of the vehicle was rusted almost through and deemed the car unsafe to drive. We located a used subframe with difficulty because many of them were like this. Seems to be a problem with the frame in this vehicle. If it had cracked there would have been an accident. Nissan North America is uninterested because I did not go to the dealer. I have the rusted part.

- Marlboro, NY, USA

May 222014

Quest

I got out of the car, turned it off and went on the house minutes later the car was on fire. The flames were big and they were in the front passenger side of the engine. I had just drove the car about an hour, there was no smell no sound no indicator lights nothing. The flames were big and car went up fast.

- East Setauket, NY, USA

Dec 132012

Quest

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that the automatic sliding door became partially jammed. The contact attempted to close the door manually and noticed that the door was not on track. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Oct 192010

Quest

Driving my 2004 Nissan Quest with approx 61000 miles at 55 mph on local highway when it sounded like the side of car was hit. I pulled over and found my passenger power sliding door rail cover, a piece (~4ft by 5 to 8 inches) had nearly completely detached from the car except for bent back bracket. I could not remove (piece wedge into tail light) so I pushed it in as best as possible and drove home. Very fortunate the piece did not detach completely and hit the vehicle behind. This could have caused some serious damage, maybe even hurt someone. I found other reports of this safety/design problem occurring with 2004 Quest. The metal cover was bent, the taillight assembly cracked around the edge and some nasty scratches in the paint. This piece is attached by small plastic grommet clips that seem brittle. Poorly designed since the rear is attached under the taillight and the front with plastic clips. If they would have put the metal tab in the front also this would have never happened. Took it to the dealer in kennesaw, ga and they said it would be $700 to fix and it would not be covered as a manufactures defect. Called Nissan corporate and they dragged their feet for a few days and called me back and said they would assist in any way due to being out of warranty. It is a real shame because I have had 2 Nissan previously (trucks) and I will probably never buy another Nissan. Corporate was very cold and short, zero customer service in mind.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Aug 142010

Quest

My Nissan Quest 2004 has problems with the sliding door- it opens but closes immediately - almost trapping my 4 year once. Also, it does not lock fully and so there is a beeping sounds when the van is started and driven for a while, when closing the door from the button inside, there was a noise and beep and it would not close at times until 3 or 4 trials.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 302009

Quest

I bought a Nissan Quest 2004 van from broad street Honda dealer at richmond it has serious door problem which was not locking completely and it is obviously not save for my three children. I took the van to them and the don't want to fix the problem even it is under their warranty for 3000 mile or three months even I also bought from them an extended warranty but it is useless they said even I paid 14000 dollars of it. They simply want me to give the car to them bellow the price I bought from them. I believe it is fraud a clear fraud. Please help me.

- Richmond , VA, USA

Oct 012008

Quest

I was driving my 2004 Nissan Quest (with approx 60500 miles) at 55 mph on local highway when it sounded like the side of car was hit. I pulled into the nearest gas station and found that my passenger power sliding door rail cover siding piece (~4ft by 8 inches) had nearly completely detached from the car except for bent back bracket. I could not remove (piece wedge into tail light) so I pushed it in as best as possible and drove 20 miles home. The piece fell off completely in driveway when I opened passenger door. I am very fortunate the piece did not detach completely and hit the car behind me when I was traveling 55 mph. I googled and found 2 other reports of this safety/design problem occurring with 2004 Quest. Other than the single bent bracket and a bit of chipped paint on the edge that has wedged under the tail light--this piece and my car show no other signs of damage. I was not hit by anything--so either this piece was not properly attached or the attachment is not properly designed.

- Gurnee, IL, USA

Sep 052008

Quest

Our 2004 Nissan Quest which we purchased new is rusting around the sun roof. We have had numerous problems with the van. For a vehicle less than 5 years old, and has been garage kept, I believe rust in this location is a defect in the vehicle. When my dealer said he would not cover fixing the rust, I took the van to a body shop, and the owner was so appalled by the rust, that he called a different Nissan dealer, who agreed and recommended we file a claim to Nissan's claim office. After several weeks, and having to take the van back to the dealer 4 times, the claims office stated that since the van is out of warranty, it is not covered. My claim number with Nissan is 6336483.

- Fallston, MD, USA