7.7

$1,967.00

2. replaced computer (2 reports)
2004 Nissan Quest electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Jul 172015

Quest 3.25 V6

One week after returning from Florida on vacation with my Nissan Quest, I was driving to the store when the van shut down. The check engine light came on. The dealer said it was the CAM POSITION SENSOR. That was replaced but problem continued. Then they said it was the wire harness and it will cost $2800 on top of the $500 to replace the sensor. I sort a second opinion, only to find out that the computer is corroded and not working. I am in the process of obtaining a new computer and having it programmed. I do not have any idea of what the final cost will be. It is my opinion that the manufacturer should at least replace the faulty part or assist with the payment for the repairs. This is so annoying and frustrating with no end in sight. I am having second thoughts of purchasing another Nissan.

- , Hampton, GA, USA

Oct 072015

Quest SL

I'm just mad because i'm still making payments on this car. Only had the van going on two years.

- , philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 012015

Quest SE 3.5L

Display of Mileage, fuel gauge and temperature are all unreadable. The LED or crystal display are gone .... looks like spots.

I have seen thousands of complaints from 2004- 2009 Nissan Quests.

THIS IS DEFINITELY A PROBLEM THAT REQUIRES NISSAN TO RECALL AND FIX OR PAY FOR REPAIRS.

Also, Radio is not working, very spotty like a broken antennae and the CD Player suddenly stopped working with a CD stuck in there.

This is all an integrated problem with all the electronics and I think that NISSAN OUGHT TO HAVE A FIX FOR THIS.

- , Vienna, VA, USA

Jul 082011

Quest ES 3.5L V6

We travel from Peterborough on to Syracuse, NY. After 2nd day in Syracuse, the car engine shut down while we were driving on a city street (Thank God that we were not driving on the I81) , We pulled the car over try to restart, but the car won't start. We ended up towing the car to Nissan dealer for service, Nissan dealer said that the car has a corrosive computer module, the new computer module needed to be ordered and would take a few days to get the car fixed.

We left the car at the dealer for repair, rented a rental car going back to Peterborough then came back to Syracuse next weekend to pickup the Nissan Quest.

Later we found out that the 2004 Nissan Quest has this factory problem (Corrosive computer module), but Nissan did not make any effort to help thier customer, instead this problem is money pit for Nissan and their dealer.

Poor us, Who ever own a 2004 Nissan Quest, prepair yourself for an expensive corrosive computer module replacement sooner or later...

- , Peterborough, ON, Canada

Jul 092012

Quest SL 3.5L

click to see larger images

computer system corroded and undrivable computer system corroded and undrivable

Apparentl this is a design flaw, that allows the computer to get so corroded it stops functioning. I would not purchase another Nissan Quest unless I know this has been changed.

- , Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, canada

May 182008

Quest SE V4

The computer system died- we ordered the part- Nissan stated it would be in June 3, then June 5, the June 10, then July 10...still not in yet! It died on May 18th. We paid 850 in rental car fees until we could not afford it anymore- I have three small children and a full time job- Nissan nor the dealer Nissan Village did anything to help- AT ALL other than telling me July 10- 'that is all we can say'

- , Plainville, MA, USA