2004 Nissan Quest engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Sep 022010

Quest 3.5 SL

I owned a Nissan Quest 2004 3.5 SL that has 66,556 miles, I was very happy with this car until last September, when out of the blue my Nissan will break down in the middle of the beltway or stall if I'm stopped at a red light or stop sign, the engine will die completely with no warning signs, I took this car to the dealer Passport Nissan of Alexandria VA for the 3rd time yesterday because my van keep stalling any time I drive under 5mph or brake to a stop. This after I was told for 2nd time that they fixed the problem in a message they left me saying "we were able to duplicate the problem and fixed, we had to re-program the engine idle, that is fixed we drove it many times today and definitely is fixed".

But when I drove it back the next morning taking my kids to school, my Nissan kept stalling and got worse because now the accelerator is shaking the car whenever I need to speed up. Frustrated again I called the technician to let him know what happened and He told me this "There is nothing else we can do, we CAN'T FIX THE PROBLEM, and MY ADVICE to you is to buy another car!!" I also got a Note from the same technician saying this "No DTC's, we are unable to duplicate customer's stalling issue. Recommend trying another Nissan dealer for 2nd opinion".

My husband asked them, why in less than 24hrs their message had changed from fixed to this? They have no answers to this questions and since is not safe to drive I left my van parked at the dealer Passport Nissan of Alexandria VA.

I am really disappointed with the quality of the Nissan Cars, their technicians and customer service in general. I owned 2 Toyotas, 3 Hondas and I will never ever buy another Nissan again in my life. I paid for this car $33,465.00.

- , Washington, DC, USA