7.1

2004 Nissan Quest miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Feb 272007

Quest 6-cyl

- the contact owns a 2004 Nissan Quest with an odometer reading of 38,000 miles. The contact stated that the controls on the instrument panel were unsafe because they were hard to use while driving. When the contact would try to use the defroster it was difficult because of the location on the dashboard and caused a distraction while driving. She had to roll down the windows until she came to a stop to turn on the defroster. Also, the speedometer which was located on the center of the dashboard made it difficult to see. The driver stated that the only thing that was located in the dashboard with all the controls in the center was a storage compartment which was a dangerous design flaw. Nissan has since fixed the problem with the newer models. The contact felt that the recall solution for the middle seat latch was a bad solution because they only used four plastic pegs and a piece of cloth. The current mileage was 38,000. The consumer feels that the older designs she be recalled because it is too difficult to operate safely while driving. Update 4/25/07

- Fairfax , VA, USA

Feb 262007

Quest

The model of the van is a Nissan Quest model year 2004. The only door with a key lock is the driver's side door. We have a remote lock/unlock which was provided when the car was new. This remote is not covered by warranty even though if defective would prevent someone from entering the vehicle if the driver's side lock is frozen, damaged or inaccessible.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Dec 292005

Quest 4WD 6-cyl

I brought this car and it has just gave me problems. The dealership also has caused me to many problems. I tried to make an arrangement with the dealership so that they could help me with the problems the car was giving me, but they didn't want to help me with anything they told me that now that I had it was my problem and I had to deal with it.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Jan 022006

Quest

When I turn A/C & heater button circling the air out, I hear an annoying noise from ventilator. I had same problem about 2-3 months ago, so I dropped off my car to all brand Nissan for a while. However, the noise became worse recently. The dealer said, "we don't know what caused the noise. It was just a multi function problem we believe. However, we changed a part what we had to do." That was heard when I dropped off my car 2-3 months ago. I am wondering that if the problem affect to other function or if Nissan dealer doesn't fix it completely. If my wonder is right, I would like to trade my car to new one and or the dealer guarantees to fix it completely/ clearly.

- Lyndhurst, NJ, USA

Feb 062004

Quest

I have a Nissan Quest 2004 that I am having trouble with the sliding doors. The deal has tried to fix them a number of times but the problem continues. When the doors are opened for someone to go into the back they close on people. This does not happen everytime but they are extremely heavy doors and hurt when they hit you. I do not understand why there is not a sensor in the door frame to prevent this from closing if someone is in the doorway. It seems extremely unsafe.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Sep 232003

Quest

Problems with 2004 Nissan Quest. The consumer was not able to use the fresh air setting in the vehicle. The cool air from the outside became heated by the engine thus causing warm air to enter the cabin of the vehicle instead of cool air.

- Elkins Park, PA, USA