2006 Nissan Quest engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Quest:

2006 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Sep 162015

I was pulling into a partking lot and I started to smell something. I thought it was in the air but then I noticed that there was smoke coming from under my front hood. I immediately pulled over, got out of the van and saw smoke then fire coming from under the hood. I moved quite a distance away and call 911 as I was standing looking at the van, I saw something dripping with fire from the right passenger front end. Car was toast. It burned immediately. No warning sign, engine light alert nothing... very scarey!! will not buy another Quest.

- Bridgewater , NJ, USA

Jul 052012

Quest 6-cyl

2006 Nissan Quest purchsased brand new from Nissan dealership in thousand oaks, ca in 2007. With 68K miles on it, it's falling apart. Timing chain is shot, A-arm bushings cracked, front engine mount cracked, ABS switch failed was replaced. Contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs nam, they wouldn't help me. The timing chain is a known issue wth Nissan. They issued a service bulletin in December of 2009 for the Quest, maxima, Altima. It's just too soon in this vehicles lifecycle to have these issues.

- Agoura Hills, CA, USA