1.6

2007 Nissan Quest fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Quest:

2007 Nissan Quest Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Mar 202015

Quest

First of all, this is related to NHTSA action number PE14012. I just got off the phone with Nissan and was told that there is no program or fix available for the problem. You closed this investigation on January 13, 2015 based on Nissan telling the NHTSA that they were going to do something to rectify the issue. It is now July 15, 2015, 4 months after I was told by Nissan Consumer Affairs that they would have a fix by July. I believe that Nissan lied to you to get you off their backs. Their fix so far is to tell me that I need to fill up the gas tank when it is half full.... in a day and age when every car has a red light that comes on, this is ridiculous for me to have to watch my gas gauge or mileage in order not to run out of gas when at full speed! this is a safety issue. I had the vehicle stop on my in the middle of a very busy intersection... other cars had to slam on brakes and since I was making a turn in a space of oncoming traffic... they had to swerve to avoid me! my wife also had it cut out on her, but fortunately was just pulling into a station to fill up. Please reopen this investigation to put Nissan on notice. They are doing nothing. I even offered to my dealership to pay to have this fixed and they couldn't do it because there aren't parts available. Nissan lied to you. Get 'em! I am going to send a copy of this to senator johnny isakson and congressmen rob woodall, tom price, lynn westmoreland, jody hice, doug collins, barry loudermilk, david scott, austin scott and tom graves. All of whom are personal friends of mine. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA

Jul 102015

Quest

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. While driving approximately 30 mph, the fuel gauge displayed an incorrect reading indicating that the fuel tank was full when it was really empty. As a result, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was refueled and resumed normal operation. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump assembly would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 108,000.

- Farragut, TN, USA

Jul 132015

Quest

Fuel gauge, read approximately 1/4 of a tank. Car began to sputter and buck, as if the car was out of gas. Nearly got into a multiple car accident. Luckily able to pull off the road and get car into a gas station. Put gas in the car, ran fine, but gas gauge is still innaccurate

- Clermont, FL, USA

Nov 262014

Quest

Fuel tank gauge never moves from the E position. New fuel sending unit installed and doesnt change gauge.

- Saugerties, NY, USA

Mar 022015

Quest

Took the car in for the yearly emission test and it did not pass. It states code P0462. Had the Nissan dealer also check the vehicle and it also states that the fuel gauge is not working. Check engine light is on. Nissan is not returning back my calls and I received a possible recall noticed on January 2015. I am up for the emission test again and need to get this fixed so it can pass it. My plates will be suspended if it does not pass. Also when I fill up it the fuel gauge doesn't move up to full. I am afraid I might run out of gas so I am consistently putting gas.... updated 09/03/15

- Cicero, IL, USA

Jan 012015

Quest

Not sure of the milage it's been happening since before getting a notice from Nissan in Jan 2015..... we then went and had the VIN scanned at a Nissan dealership and was told it wqsn't part of the issue yet we have the issue occuring and got the notice in the mail from Nissan. Their advice of keeping it at 1/2 a tank doesnt work. It's been at a full tank and gauge still read as E with the light on. Nissan needs to be held accoutable and fix this issue. It also makes the vehicale throw a check engine light which will make the car fail smog.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Jun 062015

Quest

Car did not start when showing 1/4 tank left. It was late at night and we figured the fuel pump was bad, so we towed it home. As a last resort before bringing it into the shop, we poured 1 gallon of gas into it the next morning and it started right up. 2nd time this has happened.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 012015

Quest

When I fill up the fuel tank the fuel gauge does not move from end (E) to full (F) even after filling up the complete tank. It takes up to 20 to 25 minutes of driving before the fuel gauge gets to full (F) position.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Apr 042015

Quest

Vehicle was was showing a quarter tank of gas while driving then started sputtering around and died.

- Tucson , AZ, USA

Mar 142015

Quest

The vehicle stalled out and would not restart. The fuel gauge read 1/4 of a tank but the vehicle acted like it was out of gas. We put gas in the vehicle and it started. We were informed there was an investigation into the fuel gauge problem but no solution. When I looked it up online it says investigation is closed. We have been told to keep our vehicle over a 1/2 of a tank at all times but this has been ongoing for several months and still no resolution! I am not happy with Nissan and this is the second problem that Nissan has not stood behind and no recall at this time!

- Dallas, NC, USA

Jul 102014

Quest

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that the fuel gauge level and low fuel warning light failed to function properly. In addition, the check engine warning light illuminated. The VIN was not included in a manufacturer recall related to the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Jan 292015

Quest

While driving on a service road we lost engine power which made steering very difficult and got us almost hit by cars behind us.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Feb 062015

Quest

Fuel gauge said there qas 1/4 tank gas when engine stalled. Had towed to dealership and was told out of gas. Happened again 4 weeks later.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Apr 122015

Quest 6-cyl

I was driving 65 mph on the freeway, when suddenly my vehicle lost power. I was able to coast to the side of the road, but was partially on the freeway still since I was on an uphill incline. My gas gauge showed 1/4 tank. This was the 3rd time in 2 months that I ran out of gas when my gauge still showed plenty of gas. The first time, I was towed to a repair station, only to be told that I was simply out of gas. This last time was scary since I couldn't get safely off the road.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Mar 282015

Quest 6-cyl

I was driving minivan back home with my daughter after her dr.'s appointment. My fuel gauge was showing that I have close to 120 miles to empty the tank. All of a sudden my van lost the engine power and started shaking and finally completely stopped after few hiccups. I was able to move it in the middle turning lane as soon as it started shaking and I realized a problem. This saved me and others from being in an accident. Also, I was at a lower speed and going up hill and that helped me manage to move in the middle without causing an accident. If I had on a highway and running at a highspeed, I would have caused a big accident involving many vehicles. I found out that may gauge wasn't reporting the fuel properly and I ran out of fuel. When I put some gas from a can, I was able to start the vehicle. Since that day, my fuel gauge is not accurate. I have to keep my gas filled up just to avoid any such happening again. I have also experienced that since I started having this problem my vehicle also started engine power loss at lower speeds. At times, it looks like the engine is going to stop and then it will get a big jerk and start to move normal. This kind of behavior is not normal and may result in a unsafe/dangerous condition on the road. This a problem with the gauge/fuel system or may be the computer itself that should be addressed and should have a recall on it.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 272015

Quest 6-cyl

I bought a 2007 Nissan Quest with 138000 miles and a full tank of gas according to the according to the needle. With just 130 driven in 5 days I lose all power steering and brakes on a busy road. After leaving my car at a mechanic shop for the weekend I came across my paperwork which included a campaign notice regarding the fuel gauge and that I should take my car to a dealership for them to replace once the parts become available at my cost to me for repair. After finding out there was absolutely no gas in the van I went to the dealership and they state there is nothing they can do. Even though I have written notice that they will repair at no cost for labor and parts they will not honor their notice. I must now pay out of my own pocket.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Mar 042015

Quest

While getting onto a freeway (dark/raining/pm), the vehicle shut down without warning. This caused a complete power failure to the power brakes and power steering. This created a immediate hazard. Also, this left my wife and two kids stranded. The vehicle showed about a 1/4 tank of gas on the dash and the digital readout in the center console said 68 miles to empty. I towed the vehicle home. Prior to doing diagnostic work I put a gallon of gas in. The vehicle started right up. I filled up the tank thinking maybe the float/sensor may have stuck. Again the van without warning shut down completely. This time it was in a residential area. The gas gauge showed 1/4 tank and center console computer read 66 miles to empty. I placed 5 gallons in and it started right up. This is dangerous because the fuel light doesn't come on and there is no warning when the car will shut down. Losing power brakes/steering unexpectedly creates a serious hazard in itself. I know keep the tank above 1/2 because below that I'm rolling the dice. Hopefully Nissan will do the right thing and fix the issue since there seems to be quite a few of these.

- Bonney Lakwe, WA, USA

Nov 272013

Quest 6-cyl

I've ran out of fuel about three times, the fuel gauge was reading 1/4 or more of fuel. About the third time driving around 30mph, my Quest ran out of fuel but again, it read a 1/4 full. This time the Quest become very hard to control to get out of the road. I called my mechanic, he sent a towing truck, and diagnosed the Quest with a bad fuel pump. He repaired costing me about $880. He also mentioned that the pump went bad due to running out of fuel several times. Around November 2014, Nissan sent me a letter notifying about the fuel gauge malfunction and display and accurate fuel level reading. No crap, wonder why I was running out gas constantly and getting a bad fuel pump costing me $880. I called Nissan demanding a refund for replacing the fuel pump, after going back and forth they denied my claim. I think is time to start a class a lawsuit due to unnecessary fuel pump cost and near crash misses.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Feb 022015

Quest 6-cyl

The vehicle has ran completely out of fuel two times with the fuel gauge reading slightly below the half tank mark on both occasions. This happened at interstate speeds of around seventy miles per hour. The vehicle, all at once, lost total power and it was very difficult to navigate it off of the roadway safely. I contacted Nissan about this issue and they told me that they are aware of this problem but that there is no current recall and nothing that they can do about it at this time. My family and I may be killed the next time this happens, so no rush Nissan. This is a huge safety risk that needs attention quickly.

- Gray, KY, USA

Mar 132015

Quest 6-cyl

While driving my 2007 Nissan Quest I pulled up to a stop light and the engine died. It would not turn over and start again as if it was out of fuel but the gauge still showed 1/4 tank of fuel. I had to have a St. Louis police officer stop traffic downtown so I could push my Quest off of the road. He then took me to get fuel in hopes that was the problem. I put fuel in it and it started right up. Then the very next day the gauge shows the van is completely empty but it is totally full. It then starts working again then quits then starts working again and the "drive until empty" gauge is all over the place. When the fuel gauge does start working it is never consistent.

- Carmi, IL, USA