2007 Nissan Quest fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Quest:

2007 Nissan Quest Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Mar 112015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. While driving 50 mph, the engine stalled. The contact stated that the vehicle was re-fueled and able to restart. The contact mentioned that the fuel gauge displayed 1/4 of fuel prior to the vehicle stalling. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was not available.

- Alameda, CA, USA

Dec 012014

Quest 6-cyl

During normal driving conditions, van suddenly had engine shut down. Loss of power steering and power brakes as engine was off. Fuel gauge indicated that the fuel tank was approximately 1/4 remaining, but in fact the fuel tank was empty. This has happened 2 times causing the engine to run out of fuel, while the fuel gauge indicated that approximately 1/4 tank of gas. Both occurred driving under normal conditions and caused a loss of normal operator controls as all power systems cut off when engine is not running. This is an unsafe situation to drive a vehicle being given inaccurate fuel information.

- Statesville, NC, USA

Jan 082015

Quest 6-cyl

The problem has occurred three times. The first time I was driving and the vehicle lost power and the motor quit while driving in traffic on a 4 lane highway. I coasted the Nissan Quest off of the 4 lane highway and onto the shoulder of the road. Once stopped I turn the ignition switch off and then on again. The amps were good, the fuel gauge was above 1/4 tank. I tried to crank it but it would not start, as if it was out of gas. The fuel display showed 70 miles to empty. Fuel was acquired, put in the Quest and it cranked up. The 2nd incident happened the same, with fuel gauge showing 1/4 tank & the distance to empty was 68 miles. I was left stranded on a roadside again. The third time was the same as the first two times. I wasn't stranded the third time because I now have to drive with a filled portable gas can in the cargo area. I contacted Nissan North America & even though there is an agreed voluntary recall for this same problem with the 2007 Nissan Quest, I was told that my 2007 Nissan Quest was not recalled for the confirmed problem.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Feb 272015

I made a right at a stop sign and as I was completing the turn all power to engine was lost. I had just bought the van 6 days prior to failure. My gas reading was at just below half tank. I could turn the key and the engine would turn over but not catch all the way. Lost all power steering and braking systems too. Very dangerous and upsetting had my children been with me. I had to have someone hood a chain to my front end to get the van out of the middle of the street. No warranty, only service contract to repair.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Oct 012014

I parked in my driveway which has a slight hill. I went to move the vehicle and it would not start. The minivan was out of gas, though the gas gauge indicated 1/4 tank. The dealer quoted me $880 to replace the fuel pump assembly after diagnostics. I thought it was waaayyy too much to pay, but I had a road trip coming up and bought parts from the local auto store to reduce the cost. As with so many other complaints I've seen on the internet, the gauge did not work after the replacement. Before and directly after the repair, the gauge read 1/4 tank when it was empty, so I just filled up early. Since then, my routine has changed and so has the gauge. The other day I filled up when it read 1/2 tank. However, I put 16.5 gallons in the tank. This should have been below the E mark! I'm afraid my children and I will be stranded or wreck one day as I can't possible tell when I need gas. I have contacted the dealer and the only suggestion they have is to bring it back and let them look at it again. Since other Nissan models have been recalled for the same issue, I can't imagine that paying them to diagnose it again will help!

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Jul 212014

Had just left work on my way home fuel gauge read just over a quarter tank of gas and hud on dash said 90 miles left til fill up.stopped at an intersection with a really sharp left turn, signaled left went into turn at about 20 mph car stalled all lights on dash lit up steering wheel and brakes became almost inoperable causing me to almost crash into several parked cars.I have 4 sons ages 3-16.what if they were in the car"or my wife or mother and that happened on the highway at 55 mph?of course I had to call for tow to mechanic costing more money.was told by mechanic to begin investigating possible recalls and or factory problems with this model make and year of fuel gauge/fuel level systems.have been looking into it for several months now and see that I am not alone in my inspection time is approaching and check engine light is on due to this problem so there's no way I will pass inspection with this present.what should I do?!what is my next move?!call Nissan"Nissan should be responsible for this and work with customers on fixing/replacing these faulty parts.I am planning to call them asap to find out what can they do, wish me luck.

- Ridgewood , NY, USA

Nov 162013

Quest 6-cyl

Driving car w/ approximately 1/4 tank shown on fuel gage and car stopped. Tried to start and car appeared to not have any fuel. Filled tank with fuel and car started. Happened again on 2 more occasions, each team seeming to stop with higher level on fuel gage. Problem appears to be getting worse. Looked for recall on this item and identified problem on numerous other Nissan models and several complaints from other customers not covered by recall.

- Morton, IL, USA

Aug 012013

2007 Nissan Quest dash/cluster control reports incorrect fuel gauge causing multiple, out of fuel/empty fuel tank scenarios. One scenario occurred while driving at night with family and reported 1/4 tank 76 mile til empty. Nissan claimed the car was out of warranty.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Nov 112014

Quest 6-cyl

This is further to my complaint about incorrect fuel gauge reading and running out of gas three times when both the fuel gauge and digital display have told me that I had between 80 and 130 miles of travel left to travel. Low fuel or reserve light never illuminated. My service light came on and I connected my car md reader to the vehicle data connection and ran the diagnostic on it came back with the following report. I hope this will help, stored codes are conditions that your vehicle reported after your check engine light was set. Carmd uses these codes to accurately identify a most likely repair or "cure". retrieved diagnostic code: P0462 technical definition: Fuel level sensor a circuit low input generic definition: This fault code indicates the comprehensive component monitor (ccm) has detected a malfunction in the fuel level sensor circuit. The signal from the sensor was lower than the minimum expected value for a predetermined period of time for the driving conditions present when the code was set. The fuel level sensor monitors the amount of fuel in the fuel tank. A float arm attached to a variable resistor changes position as the fuel level changes. When the fuel level in the tank is high (the float is żżupż) the resistance is low; as the fuel level drops (the float moves żżdownż), resistance increases. The signal from the fuel level sensor is supplied to the vehicleż's fuel gauge to provide an indication of the amount of fuel in the fuel tank. Additional resources in some instances your vehicle's manufacturer may issue a technical service bulletin (tsb) to address this problem. (?) issued tsb? tsb not available maybe this will resolve the issue now with the safety factor and faulty fuel reading due to component product failure. To me this seems that a this will be $700 repair bill for a 25C part.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jun 022014

Quest 6-cyl

I just purchased my 2007 Nissan Quest in may and after a month it started dying on me as I was driving. It was out of gas but said it had plenty of gas in it. It isn't consistent either, I could have the gas gauge at 1/8 of a tank and it would still be running or it would read above 1/4 of a tank and it would be dead on the side of the road. The dte gauge says I have another 60+ miles to go when it dies. I am tired of running out of gas because my gas gauge doesn't work correctly.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Oct 212014

Quest 6-cyl

The vehicle fuel gauge and trip meter both show that I have significantly more fuel than is actually the case, causing me to be stranded beside the road with no gas. This fault has caused my wife and my daughter who was a small child to be stranded on the side of the road in precarious situations. I reported the problem to Nissan but they blew me off. I told them that similar vehicles had been recalled but they said that my vehicle wasn't included in the vehicles that were affected.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 112014

Was driving near my home when the vehicle engine simply shut off and stopped working and I had to coast to a stop on the side of the street. Fortunately I was at low speed (about 25mph) and not in a situation where the hazard might have been higher, since the power brakes also shut off with the motor. I didn't understand what happened since my fuel gauge was showing a little over 1/4 tank full and the car would not turn back on. Afterwards I figured that it was probably lack of gas, even though the indicator still showed over 1/4 tank full, so I went to get a some gas and put 5 gallons in the vehicle and it started immediately, on first try.

- Longwood, FL, USA

Sep 282014

Quest 6-cyl

While driving our car suddenly stalled causing our van to stop in the middle of traffic. We were almost hit twice while sitting there as it was a busy road. The gas gauge showed over a 1/4 of a tank and the display fuel economy screen said 57 miles remaining in the tank, but the tank was completely empty. We have ran out of gas twice because of this. The gauge stops moving down at the same spot each time and the display showed different miles remaining both times (57 & 110 miles). We had the fuel pump replaced as this was the only thing the mechanic could think was wrong with it. Not safe stalling and having no where to pull over.

- Ellettsville, IN, USA

Oct 092014

Quest 6-cyl

Was driving vehicle at approximately 45 mph when the engine suddenly stalled and all power controls were lost such as power steering and brakes. Car was carefully maneuvered to the side of the roadway. After a thorough inspection it was found that the vehicle was out of fuel however the fuel gauge read just little below 1/4 of a tank. It was brought to my attention via the internet that this is a common problem with this vehicle and I also believe that the situation of losing all functions of the vehicle suddenly could have caused an accident and was a threat to safety.

- Newton, NC, USA

Dec 102013

Quest 6-cyl

My fuel guage displays an incorrect value for the amount of fuel in the tank causing the vehicle to stall.

- Locust, NC, USA

Jun 242013

Quest 6-cyl

I was driving on the interstate when I loss acceleration and had realized my car had shut off. I was towing a trailer behind me and had to try to make it to the edge of the road. I was unsure of why I first because my gas gauge showed I had a quarter of a tank. I got fuel put in it and then it worked. This year I had my engine light come on and showed a problem with the fuel sending unit. I took it too the garage and had to change the fuel pump and sending unit. After fixing the fuel pump, I drove for 300 miles and my gas gauge only moved a quarter of tank down, meaning my fuel gauge is still not working. No one seems to know how to fix this problem and is unsafe if you are on a highway and lose power to your car at highway speeds.

- Fort Lee, NJ, USA

Sep 302014

I was driving on an interstate highway at about 65 mph when my van started decelerating. I tried pressing on the gas, but the van would not pick up speed. I pulled over to the shoulder and the van rolled to a stop and would not start again. I did not know what the problem was and had it towed to a repair facility. The problem was that I ran out of gas even though my fuel gauge showed that I had one-quarter of a tank. I checked online and see that there have been other complaints with the same problem.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Aug 052014

Quest 6-cyl

My wife was driving her car and it said she still had 1/4 a tank of gas but as she was driving it ran out of gas even thought it was showing the tank as 1/4 filled. We took it to the dealership and the told us we needed to get a new fuel pump and it would be $700. They told me they had never seen this problem before. I don't believe them and I should not have to pay for a new fuel pump for an obvious defect.

- Newark, OH, USA

Sep 192014

Quest 6-cyl

It all started with the check engine light. I had the code read and it said the problem was the sending unit so I find out you can't just replace that you need to replace the fuel pump assembly. Alright so I have a new fuel pump put in at around $700 dollars I had the tech reset my codes so the check engine light is off. When I go to put gas in it the check engine light comes back on same code. So basically I just spent $700 dollars for nothing I take it back to the mechanic and he say I don't know it could be anything. After looking into it I'm finding out a lot of people are having the same problem. I have kids and this is my daily driver I don't use my fuel gauge right now I just make sure I always have gas. I don't think it's very safe knowing there are many Nissan vans out there with this same problem. My question is when is Nissan going to take responsibly for this mechanical problem. Recall my 2007 Nissan Quest and fix this problem before someone gets hurt or killed!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 012013

Quest 6-cyl

Fuel gauge system failure. Both the fuel gauge on the dash and electronic fuel gauge indicate no fuel. This problem is intermittent and causes the safety indicator light to go on. I had this checked at advanced auto. The fuel level gauge is broken. I was told that I would have to replace the whole fuel pump because the part is not sold separately. $350 just for the fuel pump. I was told that not fixing the fuel level gauge would lead to worse problems with the fuel pump. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple months now. I have failed safety inspection because the safety light is on.

- Statesville, NC, USA